mjsftbll20

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

until the state tourney is done, a lot of claims can be

made for the toughest district.

until then, you can go with who has won or finished well

in all the big tournaments this year like the hendersonville, worth, border battle, bob jones, soddy,

and cookeville tournaments. there were other tourneys

as well, but these were the major ones. if your district

teams fared well in these, then you are in a tough

district. one team i know lost elimination games to the

winners of several of these tourneys! :)

illpete,

to be a "major" the eastman would need 30-40 teams

with 10-12 of the top teams in the state to be there.

comparing with cookeville, border battle, hendersonville,

etc., it is not there yet. right now, it is mainly a good local

tourney although it may have 4 or 5 good teams from

elsewhere in the state, jmho, but most agree.

B)

The Eastman Classic had 35 teams in the field and the following teams participated in the tournament.

Daniel Boone, Seymour, Unicoi County, Gate City (VA), Knox West...Tennessee High, Gibbs, Carton South (OH), Cherokee, Happy Valley...Dobyns-Bennett, Ooltewah, Cocke County, Richlands (VA), Elizabethton...Oak Ridge, Jefferson County, East Ridge (KY), Heritage, Sullivan East...David Crockett, Patrick Henry (VA), Morristown East, Volunteer, Knox Bearden...Cookeville, West Greene, Knox Powell, Science Hill, South Doyle...Kingston, Morristown West, Sullivan South, Twin Springs (VA), and Knox Central

Do you mean to tell me that there are no teams participating in this tournament that can do anything?

There were some pretty decent teams in the Eastman, but none that would be considered on the upper tier of teams(maybe Gibbs, and out of state teams.) I will say this though to win that tourney a team has to play consistantly good ball. I don't think any of those teams have finished in the top four of any of the afore mentioned tourneys.

Bearden won the Eastman tourney and we are 37-9 at this point which puts us in the top 10 on this site for AAA. However, we ended the season 4th in our district behind William blount, Farragut, and Maryville. Whoever makes it out of our region - these teams are hungry for the title.

37-9 against whom?

I cannot see anywhere in your schedule where you played Soddy, Cumberland, Goodpasture, Coffee, Hunter's Lane, Chatt Central, East Ridge, Hume Fogg, Smith, Beech, Rossville, Red Bank, Oakland, Blackman, Dickson, or any AAA team south or west of you for that matter. Those are examples of top tiered teams.

The only teams in your schedule that are even close to being near the top tier are Farragut, William Blount, and Maryville, and those are the teams you lost to.

Records are great. I don't know you or have anything against you or Bearden. However, part of the game is humility. Until Bearden decides to play these teams or enter a tournament where these teams are well represented, and beat teams that are in the top tier, then they won't be considered a top tiered team.

The Eastman tourney was well publized....in East Tennessee. Maryville proved last year that a team from East Tennessee could do well agains the top tiered teams. However, as a rule of thumb, the teams from Nashville and Chattanooga are better than the Memphis area, the tri-Cities area, and the Knoxville area. The teams that go to compete against these teams and are somewhat successful are considered top tier teams.

I didn't make things the way they are. They just are.