Oneida Beats Anderson Co.!

keep1510

Maybe I just like to debate points too much. No intent to argue here either. Some thing tells me this team is different from other past Oneida ball clubs AND they do a great job give a 2nd chance. Scott Co. beat them 2-1 with a score on a break away in stoppage time. In the rematch, the same team only had 2 shots on goal and Oneida played the majority of the match in the Highlander's side of the field. More importantly, they got 3 scores and a whole ton of near misses. Basically the same thing occured in the game against A.C., defense turns it up another notch and the offense generates more chances. (Shots on goal: A.C. 3 O.H.S. 18) So if these matches are any indication, Oneida should play much better in the rematch. I think the Indians will have found some openings by now to get their offense going and at the very least have the versitality to try different combinations up top. 18 players played in the match against L.C., so if nothing else they are deep with players.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I hope I do too :D But really, Oneida has some quality in the midfield.... Grigsby is no Beckham (But then who IS in hs soccer?) and he can create with Swain and Devon Welch up front to earn some fouls and free kicks to stretch the offense... no, it's not a system designed to win 4-3, and I don't think (check our website, Hive 105 to be sure) that they've scored more than 3 goals in a game all season, but they've never given up more than 2... you stay in a lot of games that way. I still think they CAN pull it off, and will... I hope. Anyways, mas, I hope to see you there tomorrow night, come up in the press box and say hi. Oh... and it's uncanny... how did you know Man U was my fav team? ;) And Real #2 in my heart... well, #3 with Oneida as #1. :)

Edited by Kendren

Well Kendren I don't know about that....I went to the Kingston v. Harriman game, and Harriman isn't Oneida, but Kingston moved their old sweeper to center mid. It made their offense alot tougher, and their free kicks alot better. There were times when the Kington defense had falls, and a good team would put the ball away with that. Another thing good point in the direction of Oneida I saw was that Kingston is not a very deep team, but the starters they have are as good as any in the state, but wear them out and you got yourself a game. Watch out for #1 tomm. night, you might even want to double him. He had a big game, and I expect him to step up tomm. night as well. Good Luck to you Indians, and I will be there to watch this match up tomm. night!

True, Harriman isn't in the same league as Oneida. This one tonight should be a wonderful soccer match and I would expect both teams to bring it because it's an elimination game. Hats off to the remaining three teams who have aquitted this district very well. With Oneida stepping up their play, and AC, Scott, and Loudon making significant improvement in their play this district has to be considered one of the strongest A-AA divisions in the state this year! :unsure:

This district has always been the strongest in the state in A/AA. Every team in that district has once upon a time been ranked in the top 10 in the state with the exceptions of Loudon, Harriman, and I think ScottCo. But for some reason I wanna say Scott squirted in the top10 one time for a week. Thats pretty tough I think.

Edited by AJ10Socr

I think this game, as many are, will be decided in the midfield. Will Grigsby, Welch, and Swain be able to dictate what they want to do, or will Kingston's returned players make the difference? Will 8 players back mean no offense? (Again, a midfield question) Very much looking forward to it, only 4 hours to kickoff, and I'm on my radio shift :unsure: See y'all there!