All About Money - Part II

jabbo

I once knew a guy that moved into a house and noticed the TV cable coming out of the wall...he hooked it up to his TV and found out it was live - he got 50 or 60 channels plus HBO for 9 or 10 years without ever paying a dime. One day the gravy train suddenly stopped...he was disappointed, but he didn't whine to the cable company - he just went back to his antenna.

Not quite the same situation here, since coacht originally offered almost everything for free, and I can understand that it's disappointing for the folks who aren't going to have the full access that they are used to. What I don't understand is how anyone can justify trashing the man for changing his access policy...IT'S HIS SITE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!!!!!!

Economics 101 - coacht has a product that he's been giving away for free. The popularity of the product along with enhancements made along the way create a burden (time, money, time=money) that causes him to think about making changes. He decides that to continue offering the product he needs to be compensated for the time he spends on it. So he puts a price on it. Now, listen carefully, class, here's the really important part - since our Government supports a (mostly) free market economy - he gets to put any price he chooses on his product - if it's too high, he won't sell it, if it's too low he can raise it, if he gets tired of all the crap he can just quit, and if he gets rich off of it then more power to him!

Any questions?

Nice Post jabbo!! this is when i miss the good marks the most.... because u would have get one for that.... it was a little on the smart side at the end.... but i think alot of us needed that!! but i just want u to remember i gave u a good mark for that post!! but til next time... have a good day!! :):D:rolleyes:

Edited by 99ALLTHEWAY

I am, and (hopefully) shall always be, a plus member (with apologies to Spock).

Re: being a smart aleck - I'm beginning to suspect that I come across as one alot more often than I intend to - I'll try to work on that. :D

I am, and (hopefully) shall always be, a plus member (with apologies to Spock).

Re: being a smart aleck - I'm beginning to suspect that I come across as one alot more often than I intend to - I'll try to work on that. :)

first of all...I'm Sorry about the plus member thing.... i thought i looked before i posted that... and then i posted it and saw what i did.... i was hopin that nobody saw that... but i guess i was wrong!! :rolleyes:

next.... i think it was funny.... it didn't make me mad.... everyone need to be set straight every once in a while... and i think u did it in a great way.... more power to ya!! :)

finally.... that is all i have to say.... so til next time.... Sorry Bout That.... Cheer Your Team On All The Way.... and Have A Good Day!! :):) [/color]

Very well put. "jabbo" Hit a homerun with his post! I mentioned on another board about giving up the price of 1 bottle water (or beverage of your choice) a month isn't too much to ask . People overpay for alot of things everyday and never complain,so I for one think this site would be a "BARGAIN" at twice (2) the price!!!

wanted to voice my opinion.

And it's still "FREE" during your favorite sports season

Edited by Bruinsdad