Centennial vs. Bearden

titansfan05

Update on Bearden/Centennial Game

It wasn't a waltz in the park for Bearden...a tad overrated based on past years successes! CHS couldn't finish, but not for lack of Shots on goal.

Bearden was given the benefit of the doubt on calls where their players blatantly shoved (once on a throw-in... BHS player shoving the CHS player throwing the ball in with the ref right in front of them, with no call).

BHS' only score in the first half came on a handball call...didn't happen which gave them a pretty easy score. They took awhile in the second half to get another score, but that was when CHS substituted two key defensive players in the back...not quite ready.

Finally, their third goal was a result of pushing everyone up for an offensive strike.

If you ask me, CHS really came prepared for a much tougher opponent than it battled today...

They should go on to the finals, though, with playing Columbia tomorrow evening...maybe CCS will prove us wrong!

So, I would expect to see Farragut get to battle their rivals once more in the finals...this time Farragut won't let down their guard.

It was a good time and next year the guys will know more and be ready to take charge. By the way, Cougar guys...were so proud of you all!!!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to congradulate Centennial on a great season. They've showed a lot of heart this season, as well as a lot of class. It's too bad that they couldn't pull one more off, but it was a good run. As for the Bearden game, it's dissapointing that they couldn't get one in. From what I hear, the handball was a good call, but I wasn't there, so I won't take sides. Anyways, goodjob this season, and Ryan, thanks for the phone call buddy, I'm sure vairetta or Pat was up to giving the number to you.

donna-muller, what game were you watching? First of all the handball call was a good call; secondly, Centennial was fortunate to only lose 3-0. Bearden played with little emotion and still clearly dominated the game. The Bearden scores may have been the result of CHS mistakes or strategy, but they were never really in contention. Simply a matter of a superior team playing down to their competition.

p.s. The expression is "walk in the park", not waltz.

Edited by Seldon

People can only take excuses to a certain extent and then they become rediculous. Centennial had a great season and it ended up with a loss(along with every other team in the state, besides the state champions) Take what you guys did this year and put it forth to next year instead of making excuses on why you lost to Bearden. If every team made excuses as to why they lost everything would come apart. Substitutions are all part of the game, so that is definately not a good reason on why a goal was scored, and a missed call or a call that shouldnt have been made is something that goes both ways in every game because the refs arent going to see everything and they may see something that never actually happened. its all part of the game. but on another note, congrats to centennial as they had an outstanding season and made it further than most people thought they might.

ftballkicker, you made some good points and i completely agree. that being said, no player from centennial has made a post making excuses for our loss. regardless of what people may think (and i can't blame them) titansfan does not play for centennial. nor does anyone who has posted on this thread up to this point. bearden deserved to win that game because they scored more goals than we did. congragulations and good luck the rest of the tournament.

No, I don't play for Centennial, and no, I didn't make any excuses for their loss. All I said was that they put in two different backs, and Bearden scored right away. You can take it as coincedence or not, but thats what I heard from the game. Donna-Muller is the only one who said anything about bad calls and as she was at the game so I take her word for it. I know about this team because I know people on the team and I went to most of the games so I saw them play. All I did was say how I thought they were, which is very good.

Well, Seldon, maybe that was the problem...no emotion. There are no excuses...to be quite honest, the guys took the loss well and really didn't have a problem with it...they just really expected to see some really, really great players (from a couple of posts building them up), but the fans and players did not witness the "highly" rated team we expected. Believe me, the toughest opponent we've faced all year was Brentwood (our own district) -- they played at a level of intensity above what we saw at State, first round. I'm really sorry they could not have had a chance at Bearden...I believe Bearden would have been a little miserable after their meeting.

I know Bearden has a great area for soccer, but region 6 was awesome as well.

Where I come from, "waltz in the park" is a very common saying as well...sorry you only know your own side of the world.

Our travel teams from this area will have a chance to see all of the other area players in the state cup...should be interesting!!!

What are the clubs that you all play for? Anyone going to the Kentucky games next weekend with ODP from the Bearden/Farragut neck of the woods.

Good luck to those teams left remaining.

Donna, apparently you misunderstand. Bearden played a lackluster game with a ho-hum attituded, and STILL handled Centennial with no problem. I have seen Bearden at their best and believe me, you are lucky you didn't. Brentwood is not near the level of Bearden.

As for your "waltz in the park", hey, if it was adulterated years ago by those who misunderstood the expression, it is STILL incorrect. Think about it, what sense does waltz in the park make, anyway? And you don't know what my side of the world is, so don't make assumptions.

If you want to see the two best soccer teams in the state, be at MRSC Saturday afternoon. Farragut and Bearden are easily the class of Tennessee. It isn't even close.

Seldon, while I agree with you about how Bearden dominated the game with no feeling, I have to say that there is only a little difference between you and Brentwood. Bearden is the better team, but the only reason is because Brentwood has young forwards that aren;t that great at finishing, as a matter of fact, there team in general is poor at it. If not for that, they would have scored 3 times the goals.

i agree with the guys that say brentwood is a better team than bearden. our team played both of them and theres no doubt that brentwood was better. bearden never saw brentwood so they dont know. i dont know how they lost to smyrna, all i know is they dominated with 47 shots on goal to smyrna's 3 shots on goal. but i dont guess we will ever know what would truly happen if bearden or farragut played brentwood.