Bearden players

titansfan05

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bearden..Great Team. Starting in the back, great goalkeeper in Josh Elam. Not gthe best defense I've seen, but they get the job done. Solid midfield led by #12 Radcliffe and #2 Upshaw. Best forward in the state in #20 Matt Herbstritt. Bring your A game and stop their offense and you will give yourself a chance to win the game.

Edited by lcsoccer

From what I saw Farragut beat them b/c they put a lot of pressure on their defense. They made smart passing decisions and took good shots. I didn't get to see the 3rd game between them but I heard Bearden came out very intense and ready to play and played with more desire. I heard Farragut was "flat." Bring your A game and don't be sloppy.

If you do not have speed on defense, Bearden can destroy you. Herbstrit and Upshaw are both very fast; Herbstrit is shifty and quick; Upshaw is stronger, but is only effective when going to his left; overplay him in that direction. Midfield headed by Derrick Radcliffe, not overly fast but tremendous ball skills. If you try to give him a cushion, he will beat you every time; play him tight and don't give him room to operate. Defense is very solid but not near as tough as last year's. Nick Spahr can cover a lot of ground; Vinsant is strong and skilled and Elam in goal is smart and very athletic. Colquit is very dangerous on throw-ins, but he will attempt to find Herbstrit 9 out of 10 times. Don't let Herbstrit get open on throw-ins or corner kicks. Bearden prefers the long ball to Upshaw and Herbstrit as opposed to building an attack. They hustle continuously and Coach Turner is effective at adapting to changes in the game.

Overall, they are not quite as complete a team as last year but still capable of going all the way.

From the 3 Farragut-Bearden games I have seen this year, Bearden is great at one thing, and above average at everything else. They run an amazing fast break off the counter attack. They just boot it outh there for Herbstritt and Upshaw, and those guys are just too fast. Stop their fast break, and its easier to contain them.

Oh by the way, go Farragut.

I all three games, and everyone that saw the games knows the Farragut is a better 2nd half team, so Bearden did what any smart team would do, they jumped on them in the first half. Then the rain took Farragut out of the rest of the game. I guess what im trying to say is that the only way to beat Bearden, well I guess the only way is you have to be Farragut, and they didn't reach that mountain last game!

Edited by MAS1831

Centennial's big time player is #19, Ryan Mattison. He has very good ball handling, he's fast, and he's strong. Also watch out for Patrick McFarland, he's another threat. On midfield, Andrew Muller, #3, is good at passing the ball around, as well as Will Barlar, #7. Their defense is pretty good, with their sweeper being the best one(Cal Long, #18). Also watch #4, Drew Manning, to sneak up on you. The keeper Patrick Lazear is one of the best sophomore goalies in the state, if not overall in the state. Overall they are a good team.

If you find the weak spots of the team, you can do damage. #12, Eric Koenn, is good from the air, but he doesn't have the expierience to take on a good offense. If I were Bearden I'd pressure him(he plays left defense). When Centennial's midfield pressures the ball, they can be deadly. But against good offensive teams, particularly Brentwood, they seem to try to play to defensively overall, causing them to move back and back. This will let Bearden's midfield push up as far as they want(almost). It would also be smart to move outside defense up, because if Centennial is squished in their defending half, they will move all but one player to help defend. But I wouldn't take too many shots outside the 18; Lazear will eat them up.

I think this will be closer than most people think. Centennial, when playing well, can minimize their oppenent's offense to almost nothing. Hopefully both teams will show class like they have all year, and this will be a very fun game to watch.

Information on Bearden's team goes as follows. They have Elam in goal(if you do not get shots from around the pk spot or in dont count on a goal from farther out unless its amazing, he's too good.) Todd Vinsant holds down the defense(Don't attack at him or he'll stuff you every time.) The outside left fullback is their weak spot but he is still no push over. Forget trying to take the ball at Radcliff or from him. He is better than you regardless of who is trying to take him on. As far as forwards go, you better strap your shoes on tight because these boys can play. Herbstritt and Upshaw are the best combination in the state and are very dangerous. They have not been shutout all season. If you are attacking you need to target their outsides, and defending against them you must try and string them out and not stab. Goodluck, you will all need it.