DII State Scores

Dinos13

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on your victory wms...I actually played for Catholic the first year we made it to state, when we lost to you guys down on your home field...back when Dyer and Keene were still around...I have to say big props to my boys from Catholic though..I remember when jordan carlos derrick and i used to give u all a hard time about not being good this year...but you proved everyone wrong, after a slow start u guys came out like a bunch of badasses and made a great run through the end of the regular season and the tournament. I am very proud of you guys and know that you will be even better next year...you truly maximized your talent this year.

WMSMPHS, u guys were very impressive. I played sweeper for catholic last night so i had a chance to see ur guys attack PLENTY of times. i have to say that i was in amazement. some great shots barely missed goal, and we just couldnt stay with u. all of u have great skill. good luck in the final against MUS and in college. As u said, we are very young. we only graduate 2 guys, 1 starter, and we are looking to hopefully be back in memphis next year. good luck

WMSMPHS, I am the keeper for Knox Catholic and I would have to say you guys are a heck of a team. I was kepy busy all night. Your goal, along with the 3rd goal, were very impressive. You guys will beat MUS. In all honesty, I think our game last night was the championship. I was not impressed with MUS. Good players, but they don't play as a team. They were about to kill each other in the BGA game. But congradulations on a good season and good luck Saturday. We will be back next year, and hopefully we can get a regular season game with you guys. And one more thing, I believe you guys would beat both Bearden and Farragut this year.

wmsmphs, i played striker all night and your team was honestly the first team that I or our other strikers did not have an answer for all season. We got on your end a fair number of times but your defense strung us out or made great tackles to stop us. Big props to your team. I believe you the best team across all divisions this year. Good luck to you in college and with your championship game on saturday.

Countrypk, it's not a lovefest- it's just respect- try it sometime. Pope loves it!!

Irish17, you guys up front have the quickest counterattack we have played this year. The game is played more between the ears at the highest level and your team has that. It will carry your in the future.

Good luck and God bless Countrypk.

Relative Strength of schedules as determined by % wins of total games played by opponents:

CBHS 42.39%

MUS  47.22%

McCallie 56.22%

KCHS 57.78%

Farragut 57.79%

Bearden 60.34%

Columbia 53.64%

G'town 54.30

If you back the 3 games Farragut and Bearden played against each other, both teams' %'s go down quite a bit.

It does make me wonder if MUS and CBHS had played the competition of the others, would their records look so nice? Two good teams but not as tested as the others. Hmmm.

Interesting post. Catholic did play a tough schedule for a "rebuilding year" and if you add in King's Academy's 10-3-2 record (they didn't post on soccerinfo.com) and Dalton's 19-1-1 Georgia record, Catholic's strength of schedule hits 60%. Playing tough teams all season really helped us learn to play 80 minutes and hang in with great teams like ND, McCallie, USN and Christian Bros. during the tournament.

Dalton's only loss enroute to the Georgia AAAA Co-championship with #2 in the nation, Heritage (they tied last night in the AAAA finals 1-1), was a 4-3 loss to the Irish in the Chattanooga Christian tournament. Next year we'll try to make it four state tournaments in a row.

Oh yea, while their schedules may not have been as strong as some other schools, CBHS and MUS are really fine teams--we played one and watched the other against McCallie--they're as good as any we faced all season. Good luck today to Christian Brothers and MUS in the finals.

Edited by Irish17

Irish17. Since you brought up Dalton, you need to consider the following: GHSA only allows a soccer player to play 3 half's in a day. Since it's difficult to tell one Dalton player from another it probably didn't occur to you that it was just a little strange how you came back from 3 down at the half of the Dalton game to win 4-3? Consider if you had to pull your entire starting line up out of the game at the half which is what Dalton did and why high school tournaments in GA start on Thursday. Just something to think about.

Congratulations on the most successful season in KCHS' history. You played a tough schedule and that's one of the reasons for success.

Country PK...the game was in Tennessee... I don't know if that would change the rule or not. But, we beat them...in a very well played game. But I am almost possitive that rule would not apply if the game was in Tennessee. That wouldn't really be fair if we, as well as CCS, Baylor, etc, weren't under the same rule for the tournament. And another thing, it was 1-1 at half.