DII State Scores

Dinos13

No schools RECRUIT...and if they do...then they are ineligible...Being in D2 doesn't mean you can recruit...it just means you can give financial aide.

If you are going to whine about being in D2 then leave...just don't give financial aide to anyone and you can leave D2 and go to A/AA which you wouldn't dominate anyway...Harding, Briarcrest, and ECS were all in AA in Memphis and never won state in football, baseball, or basketball (sports that they are probably better at than KCHS) yet you think you can win in AA? Be my guest...it's okay to be to play in A/AA if you do not give financial aide.

You just admitted on a website that your school recruits...thats a violation of TSSAA bylaws...I hope for your sake, and your schools, that you edit that.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Financial Aid is not the same thing (as recruiting). Any financial aid given to a student is decided not by the school, but by an independent, nation- wide organization that looks at a students financial situation and then decided how much financial aid they should receive. The school is not involved in the decision. Although many private schools give scholarships, students receiving a full scholarship cannot play varsity sports.

Relative Strength of schedules as determined by % wins of total games played by opponents:

CBHS 42.39%

MUS 47.22%

McCallie 56.22%

KCHS 57.78%

Farragut 57.79%

Bearden 60.34%

Columbia 53.64%

G'town 54.30

If you back the 3 games Farragut and Bearden played against each other, both teams' %'s go down quite a bit.

It does make me wonder if MUS and CBHS had played the competition of the others, would their records look so nice? Two good teams but not as tested as the others. Hmmm.

Maybe CBHS 3 KCHS 1

McCallie 1 MUS 0

Edited by soccerpro1

The score, 3-1, does not reflect the actual game. Catholic dominated the first half (2-0) but the second half belonged to USN. Catholic was on their heals pretty much that whole half, but well done to Catholic nonetheless. We underestimated them not knowing anything about them, but sure enough, they have a lot of talent on that team. Good luck to them against CBHS (They're gonna need it).

I don't know about MUS but CBHS's schedule is misleading as the best competition they played all year was out of state. They beat Edmond North Oklahoma 3-0 who was a quarterfinalist in OK 5A and ranked as high as 19th nationally, They beat Tulsa Union Oklahoma who was also a quarterfinalist in OK 5A and rank top 50 nationally, and their lone loss was to Edmond Memorial in OT who beat Broken Arrow OK in the class 5A OK Semifinals last week. Broken Arrow was ranked right behind Farragut at # 3 until the loss. Edmond Memorial was ranked as high as 5th nationally this year.

CBHS was disappointed with their in state schedule but I think it had more to do I think with a coaching change and losing some coaching ties to play each other.

They spent too many games passing with big leads to keep scores down. The best teams should play each other.

Irish17 and Sauza, I was the guy who scored the first goal for CBHS. I told you before I was impressed with your team. Your team reminds me of our team but slightly younger. I am moving on to Harrogate after finals to the next level. CBHS has big senior class leaving. I think Catholic will be back next year and I really believe you will be the favorite to win state next year. Keep your heads up, but I had a feeling you guys would make a run and you did make a great run indeed. Nothing to be ashamed of.. # 2 bro

Whoever the guy is who took your free kicks has a rocket leg!! He was awesome.