Oakland?

FBALLER

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

Oakland will do very well this year. Hopefully, it will be a repeat of Riverdale. When everyone said that Riverdale would be crushed because of losing athletes to Blackman, they proved everyone wrong by winning the state. Well, everyone is saying the same thing about Oakland losing kids to Siegel. Only time will tell ! You can be sure Marty and his army will give everyone a run for their money!l

Guest Oakland

with oakland, it has always been a what and see kind of thing. i predicted last year, including myself that oakland would be one of the top teams in 5a, no offense jp, but oakland was middle of the pack, so i am not gonna make any predictions on how oakland will do, but i will go on what i know. I do know that oakland returns the core of their starters and reserves from a year ago. Running game should be solid with carlos havin one year experience with him, plus the much anticipated debut of a.j. alexander at full back. Passing game will be lack a lil, mainly because of the loss of marease crawford to ineligiblilty, but oakland has other recievers capable of filling that hole in. defense looks to be solid again returning most of their players from this side of the ball as well. Most notable loss is johnathon carter and dont think anybody can fully replace him, but i think some fill in nicely for his loss. all in all, should be a very interesting season, riverdale doesnt dominate like they used to, and in this region, anything can happen. While everybody does talk about oakland,riverdale,and blackman the main 3 for having the best chance to win the region, lookout for lebanon, good season from last year and has some real burners who can change a game with just one play.

Guest region4fan

I think that he means that Riverdale used to beat teams by 50 plus points. Folks dreaded playing them because it was a humiliation. Now more schools are able to give them a run for their money. Oakland played them tough in both games this season. Linciln County beat them, and Blackman almost did. Then of course, they lost the Blue Cross Bowl. That is what he meant...that the point spreads are getting closer.

I wasn't trying to be disrespectful, I was just wondering how back to back Clinic Bowl appearances wasn't dominating. I figure every team in Tennessee would love to appear back to back in the Clinic Bowl even if they were considered to be struggling.

This should be a very interesting year at Riverdale. Probably the youngest team they have put on the field in years. The interesting part is that it will also be the most talented team in years. Will they suffer due to their youth or flourish because of their talent? The schedule is also problematic with Siegel, Oakland, and Blackman back-to-back-to-back. Also, having to face a heady QB in the second game is not ideal.

Yep, gonna be an interesting year and it all starts in 96 days.