Smyrna v. Houston?

dtw22

Houston got just as many cards as Smyrna. Houston even got a red card as well, a double yellow--the same as Smyrna. Let's be real. Every foul whistled was followed by a card. At that rate in an extended game, there will be at least one or two players that will have two total fouls (which in this case = two yellows).

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well put phillijk. His actions at Memphis were deplorable. He verbally abused the refs like you wouldnt believe. After his verbal tirade his players played goon soccer. One of the players pulled a Houston player down from behind by his shirt. Another player followed a Houston player downfield slappin him on the back. ( and he wasnt congratulating him, if you know what I mean)

Edited by Yankee0697

Hey Yankee, why don't you move on and quit talking trash about our team and our coach? You and you Dad have been talking trash since we played you guys back in March, why don't you leave it alone and just do what you do best, play soccer. You are a great goalie but you talk too much crap and that is not your best thing so let me tell you once again, he is not going to go anywhere but stay at smyrna and we are going to be very good with him on the helm. He did not do anything worst that any coach has done all year, especially your coach, he was trying to sell calls just like the coach from Houston but he did not get many, like the Houston coach. Just move on and don't stay mad that we came and supported Riverdale instead of you guys at that game in Murfreesboro. MOVE ON!!!

Nothing cuts deeper than the truth. But yes time to move on. You guys are a good team. Good luck next year. I thought you were "scouting" Riverdale, not supporting them. At least thats what you told us at the game. I probably misunderstood you. Sorry.

Edited by Yankee0697

411 I understand that you like this coach, but he is not all he is cracked up to be. He has a very bad temper and has no control of himself and how he speaks to people and treats kids. He is very disrespectful to people and is very back stabbing so watch yourself because he has probably at one point said something bad about you and then treated you like you where his best friend to your face. And just keep in mind he has quit before and it took a couple of the guys to come and beg him to stay!!!! WHY I don't know because I know a lot of people who would love to see him LEAVE. And hey as far as the kids go you are a great group of kids but imagine what you could be like with some dicipline and a respectful coach.

I'm not from either team...but i saw it and it was a rediculous game...both teams took cheap shots and the ref let the game out of his hands...it was saddening to watch that kind of soccer...Didn't matter though, neither team had a chance against the the admirals.

We played Smyrna last year and it sounds alot like the Houston game. They took cheap shots and the refs didn't call it until it was bad enough to get a card. Smyrna's coach seem to be ok with letting his team continue to get cards and take cheap shots. Something a coach shouldn't stand by and watch. So he is for sure staying as there coach?

I wish I could've seen the game. What exactly were the card totals(someone actually from the game tell me)? What happened between Columbia and Smyrna though? It sounds to me like most of the coaches in Rutherford county seem to have some tempers on them. It's strange to see how many different coaching styles there are in TN. My props to Smyrna though. They deserve every bit of respect that they deserve. You guys have really impressed me this year. I just hope that next year you guys can hang in with the rest of the pack after losing Johnny, Drew and Lytle(sp?). Good luck.

-LK