BEST STATE

spanky51jhs

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FLORIDA (just check the hometown's of Miami, UF, and FSU's rosters)

TEXAS(UT, A&M, Oklahoma, OK ST, ARK are all loaded with Texas talent)

Georgia-Florida's little brother of football talent, but still more dominant than most.

California- players off of De Lesalle make this state dominant.

South Carolina- Tennessee and Georgia have made a living in the Carolinas.

I've seen Georgia and South Carolina high school football for several years in the early 90's. Individually, those states have better players than Tennessee. I saw a Georgia game between two Athens, GA teams in 91. It looked like each team was made of College Players.

In South Carolina, I saw Stephen Davis, Jeff Burris, Courtney Brown, etc. I've not seen too many high school players that good.

But when you combine them with their teams, I wouldn't put a big difference in SC, GA and TN. I have seen better teams in Tennessee from the standpoint of playing together as a team, coaching etc. As far as SC and GA, I would not say that the great GA, SC teams are much better than the great Tennessee "TEAMS" I've seen. I think you put some of the coaches in Tennessee coaching those SC, GA teams, those teams would be better. Tennessee is blessed with great high school coaching.