BEST STATE

spanky51jhs

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Muffin,

What part of Texas are you referring to? I am only familiar with Fort Bend County, which consists of WillowRidge, Clements, Dulles, Kempner... When I played ball there, it was great. We would play in front of 12-15 thousand fans every Friday or Saturday night. It was similar to playing at a small college. The high school I went to had a better weight room than the college I played at. Also, when I was in high school we had 18 coaches from freshman football - the Varsity staff. To say any other state is on the same level as Texas is crazy!!!! Just to give you a little insight my senior year we had 12 kids sign Div. I football scholarships at my high school. I don't think any one region of Tenn. could say that in any given year, probably not adding 2 years together!!!!

While I love Tennessee high school football, and am very saddened by the fact that I am leaving it, I can't wait to see what it's like over in Oklahoma. I just have a feeling it'll be a little different, and perhaps a little better. But of course, Tennessee will always be number one in my heart.

I think that Florida, Texas, California, and Georgia produce better athletes, but Tennessee as one of the best Friday night atmospheres.

When Tennessee has a HS-only stadium that seats 25 thousand...and consistently fills it, then tell me it has a better atmosphere than Texas.

Not to mention that, for some games, they draw 40,50 thousand. They fill Texas Stadium for playoff and state championship games.

1.) California

2.) Texas

3.) Pennslyvania (Dan Marino, Joe Montana, ect.....Check out Penn St.'s roster and schools like Central Bucks West and Cathedral Prep)

4.) Florida

5.) Ohio

6.) New York

7.) Georgia

8.) Mississippi

9.) Illinois

10.) New Jersey

As to the comment that kids from the North can't play football, check out the USA Today Top 25. Half or more of those teams are from Northern states.