Brentwood Academy

WesVLT

I am extremely proud of my Brentwood Academy Lady Eagles for a superb softball season. Many anticipated a harsh rebuilding season thanks to the departure of superstar pitcher Sara Meek; however, Shelby Mashburn -- a more-than-capable Sophomore -- gladly grasped the reins of the team and led them to the Division 2 Final Four once again, the 3rd time in 4 years. Seniors Jessica Lundy, Chrissa Cantrell, and Liz Austin led a young team to prominence amidst a hard schedule including the likes of Soddy Daisy, Ezell-Harding, Davidson Academy, Father Ryan, and Beech. In addition to their success, the Eagles have maintained disciplines of sportsmanship and tenacity that carry their way far past the diamond. Congratulations to Coach Rhonda Brown, and to all the Brentwood Academy Eagles:

00 Jessica Lundy; Senior

2 Allye Ellwanger; Sophomore

3 Leigh Little; Junior

4 Shelby Mashburn; Sophomore

5 Liz Austin; Senior

6 Samantha Little; Freshman

8 Chrissa Cantrell; Senior

10 Cassie Simpson; Junior

12 Hannah Simpson; 8th Grade

20 Pringle Seckman; 8th Grade

21 Jessica Hesson; Freshman

24 Caitlin Burkhart; 8th Grade

25 Lindsay Locke; 8th Grade

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE 3 SENIORS & good luck with your graduation on Monday. We are so proud of you all. You each have had great contributions to this program for 4 years now. I have enjoyed following each of you throughout the years. I enjoyed coaching EACH of you & it is still fun to watch you play. It was fun with the BLUES, but it was fun watching you grow up into young ladies & great competitors. You each have been leaders at BA & the BLUES & come from GREAT parents. GOOD LUCK to each of you.

Coach B

PS> Still can't get over that Slice Liz hit to the fence against FR (or was that a hook?)

WesVols, once again you have taken the words right out of my mouth, or I guess I should say my fingers. The seniors were tremendous in the 4 years here. I was really happy for Shelby to have such a great season as a sophomore. She's a fantastic young lady and pretty darn attractive at that. Good luck to Liz, Chrissa, and Jessica as you all move on. It was great to know all three of you. Everyone remember: Never take your eye off the ball. :o

Also would like to congratulate the Lady Eagles. I watched there final game, because they were playing next to us. It was a heartbreaker. Shelby, i told you this when i saw you afterward the game and i will tell you again, you played a great game, and had a great season as well. You should be proud of yourself. Lady Eagles, you all should be proud of yourselves. Getting that far in the state is a great accomplishment. Good luck next season to all returning players, and the seniors, good luck to whatever you do in the future.

Congratulations to LIZ AUSTIN for being named the Female Athlete of Year at BA. Way to go Liz. Good Luck at UT. Also to Kate as she goes to Belmont and cracks that golf team. Again, great careers also to Jessica who is so underated but fundamentally a great player & to Chrissa who played through pain & kept the team going with key hits.