memphis. . .

pinkrocker

after all these things nobody mentioned that the "opening" ceremonies were held after half of the soccer teams were eliminated.usually they have them before a tournament starts.funny thing though i saw at least two teams that were eliminated there but neither farragut or bearden.

The opening ceremonies really couldn't have been earlier or else an entire sport (track and field) would have been excluded, because their competitions didn't begin until Thursday.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Memphis=too far=unfair for anybody east of Jackson, no, say Nashville!

Nashville/Murfreesboro=good idea! (It would seem that there ought to be enough facilities to accomodate all spring sports here for spring fling.)

Chattanooga=seems like it was pretty good idea before. Soccer semis and finals at Finley Stadium venue would seem to me second to none.

Tri-Cities=too far=unfair for anybody west of Knoxville, no, say Crossville!

$$$$$=Memphis gets to host! It seems to me that it's that simple!

My Dearest Master Pinkrocker,

It is my wish to offer my gratitude to you for exposing my fragmented and grammatically incorrect posting on this cerebral forum. It saddens me deeply that I tormented you with my grammatical shortcomings. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

In an attempt to help you interpret my previous post, which looks more like hieroglyphics to you (again, I am so sorry), I offer the following snippets of information:

The "=" sign in mathematical circles means "equals" or "is". I apologize for utilizing this confusing mathematical term in a grammatical sense.

The "$" sign in American culture means "dollars", "money", "wampum", "moolah", and/or numerous other terms used to symbolize the United States' form of currency exchange. To clarify, other countries utilize the dollar as their standard of currency but I intended this symbol to imply the US dollar. The "$" symbol can also be used to symbolize "monetary influence" which was my intent in my previous offering. Again, I am so sorry that this "off the wall" sort of symbolism was used to make a grammatical point.

Master Pinkrocker, please make sure you understand my previous two (2) points regarding the "=" and "$" symbols before reading this post any further! It is my most sincere wish not to jeopardize your sanity by sending your brain into another grammatical tailspin before I offer my forthcoming clarification of my previous post.

Now, to any and all fellow "posters", if there any besides Master Pinkrocker, who may not have understood my completely and totally uninterpretable and grossly grammatically incorrect previous post, I humbly offer the following:

Memphis "is" (get it, remember "=") too far (which means they are physically a long way off) and "is" (there's that "=" again) therefore not an equitable location of sports venue for anyone located east of Nashville.

Master Pinkrocker, please re-read the previous paragraph. If you can understand this, then you can similarly understand the other three (3) comments regarding the Nashville/Murfreesboro, Chattanooga, and Tri-Cities locations in regard to geographical location.

Besides geographical considerations, there is also one other and equally important consideration:

There must be interest and capability offered by some entity, whether it is a sports group consortium or municipal organization, to offer to host and properly execute the "Spring Fling" tournaments. This would entail ensuring proper venues and adequate lodging to handle the "out of town crowds". In my humble opinion, any of the five (5) major population centers (I am also including Knoxville here) in Tennessee could handle the "lodging" problem with no or little problem. The issue is interest, capability, and venue quality. To my knowledge, only Memphis and Chattanooga made a concerted effort to show both interest and capability. From what I can gather, both cities offered quality venues for all sports. I am unsure of other cities' efforts.

I humbly believe the decision to allow Memphis to host the "Spring Fling" boiled down to "money" (get it, remember "$"). I believe that the TSSAA took the highest bid and ran with it. In my opinion, the selection of Memphis over Chattanooga based on this criterion alone was unwise. Chattanooga is still a much more "geographically friendly" location than Memphis and, as best I can discern, adequately hosted and executed the previous Spring Fling tournaments.

The simple fact is that neither Memphis nor Tri-Cities (nor even Knoxville) should ever be considered as a "central" venue for state playoff competitions. Like I said previously, for anyone east (or west as applicable) of Nashville, Memphis and/or Tri-Cities (or Knoxville) is plainly and simply too far to travel for the rest of the people in the state. Nothing against Memphis (or Tri-Cities or Knoxville)-I am sure that if you live there, you like it. I wish some one or group from the Nashville or Murfreesboro area would step up and offer their services, venues, and capability to adequately host the Spring Fling Tournaments. I believe this would be the most equitable and logical location for any and all state tournaments and/or competitions.

This and my previous posts were and are based on "geographical" considerations of the state of Tennessee in general and the relative location of Memphis in regard to population centers in the state of Tennessee in particular. Master Pinkrocker, since your forte appears to be in grammar and possibly not geography, I am sure you can purchase a road map at Wal-Mart or at your local gas station to help you with this matter. (Note: You have to go to the index to find out the populations of the cities and towns. They also list populations for counties also.)

Good luck, Master Pinkrocker, at your university position as English professor (is it Vandy or possibly an Ivy League school?). I hope I have soothed your grammatically-inclined mind. If not, I could possibly look into attaching a "signing" (you know, like making letters with your hands) video in a further attempt to humbly assist your understanding of my past and/or future posts. Please acknowledge your understanding of my embellished post so that I can rid myself of the heavy burden which I will carry till you acknowledge such. If possible, you could even drop a note to me stating that you will never never ever ever attempt to understand any future posts of mine.

Respectfully yours,

rickk5561

I will add one more thing to your post. You incorrectly stated that Memphis and Chattanooga were the only serious bidders for spring fling. Nashville made what I understand to be a very serious bid offering more compensation than did Chattanooga. A good majority of the venues were in the Vanderbilt area. Nowhere near as much travel between sites.

The Tennessean reported that two days before the final decision was made Memphis had already made arrangements two fly Ronnie Carter to Memphis on a private jet. I think Memphis had secured the spring fling regardless of what Nashville or Chattanooga offered!

TDJ85,

I correctly stated that "I am unsure of other cities' efforts" (outside of Memphis' or Chattanooga's) to bid for the right to host Spring Fling. Albeit, what you state does not surprise me that Nashville had made a bonafide effort to host but was thwarted by the Memphis Mafia! Again, it appeared to me that the whole idea to move it to Memphis was a "done deal" long before a potential change of venue was "re-appraised."

Memphis Mafia=$$$$=Spring Fling host! My apologies in advance, pink!

It is my wish to offer my gratitude to you for exposing my fragmented and grammatically incorrect posting on this cerebral forum. It saddens me deeply that I tormented you with my grammatical shortcomings. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

In an attempt to help you interpret my previous post, which looks more like hieroglyphics to you (again, I am so sorry), I offer the following snippets of information:

The "=" sign in mathematical circles means "equals" or "is". I apologize for utilizing this confusing mathematical term in a grammatical sense.

The "$" sign in American culture means "dollars", "money", "wampum", "moolah", and/or numerous other terms used to symbolize the United States' form of currency exchange. To clarify, other countries utilize the dollar as their standard of currency but I intended this symbol to imply the US dollar. The "$" symbol can also be used to symbolize "monetary influence" which was my intent in my previous offering. Again, I am so sorry that this "off the wall" sort of symbolism was used to make a grammatical point.

Master Pinkrocker, please make sure you understand my previous two (2) points regarding the "=" and "$" symbols before reading this post any further! It is my most sincere wish not to jeopardize your sanity by sending your brain into another grammatical tailspin before I offer my forthcoming clarification of my previous post.

Now, to any and all fellow "posters", if there any besides Master Pinkrocker, who may not have understood my completely and totally uninterpretable and grossly grammatically incorrect previous post, I humbly offer the following:

Memphis "is" (get it, remember "=") too far (which means they are physically a long way off) and "is" (there's that "=" again) therefore not an equitable location of sports venue for anyone located east of Nashville.

Master Pinkrocker, please re-read the previous paragraph. If you can understand this, then you can similarly understand the other three (3) comments regarding the Nashville/Murfreesboro, Chattanooga, and Tri-Cities locations in regard to geographical location.

Besides geographical considerations, there is also one other and equally important consideration:

There must be interest and capability offered by some entity, whether it is a sports group consortium or municipal organization, to offer to host and properly execute the "Spring Fling" tournaments. This would entail ensuring proper venues and adequate lodging to handle the "out of town crowds". In my humble opinion, any of the five (5) major population centers (I am also including Knoxville here) in Tennessee could handle the "lodging" problem with no or little problem. The issue is interest, capability, and venue quality. To my knowledge, only Memphis and Chattanooga made a concerted effort to show both interest and capability. From what I can gather, both cities offered quality venues for all sports. I am unsure of other cities' efforts.

I humbly believe the decision to allow Memphis to host the "Spring Fling" boiled down to "money" (get it, remember "$"). I believe that the TSSAA took the highest bid and ran with it. In my opinion, the selection of Memphis over Chattanooga based on this criterion alone was unwise. Chattanooga is still a much more "geographically friendly" location than Memphis and, as best I can discern, adequately hosted and executed the previous Spring Fling tournaments.

The simple fact is that neither Memphis nor Tri-Cities (nor even Knoxville) should ever be considered as a "central" venue for state playoff competitions. Like I said previously, for anyone east (or west as applicable) of Nashville, Memphis and/or Tri-Cities (or Knoxville) is plainly and simply too far to travel for the rest of the people in the state. Nothing against Memphis (or Tri-Cities or Knoxville)-I am sure that if you live there, you like it. I wish some one or group from the Nashville or Murfreesboro area would step up and offer their services, venues, and capability to adequately host the Spring Fling Tournaments. I believe this would be the most equitable and logical location for any and all state tournaments and/or competitions.

This and my previous posts were and are based on "geographical" considerations of the state of Tennessee in general and the relative location of Memphis in regard to population centers in the state of Tennessee in particular. Master Pinkrocker, since your forte appears to be in grammar and possibly not geography, I am sure you can purchase a road map at Wal-Mart or at your local gas station to help you with this matter. (Note: You have to go to the index to find out the populations of the cities and towns. They also list populations for counties also.)

Good luck, Master Pinkrocker, at your university position as English professor (is it Vandy or possibly an Ivy League school?). I hope I have soothed your grammatically-inclined mind. If not, I could possibly look into attaching a "signing" (you know, like making letters with your hands) video in a further attempt to humbly assist your understanding of my past and/or future posts. Please acknowledge your understanding of my embellished post so that I can rid myself of the heavy burden which I will carry till you acknowledge such. If possible, you could even drop a note to me stating that you will never never ever ever attempt to understand any future posts of mine.

Respectfully yours,

rickk5561

rickkkkkk293021,

that was a great . i hope your burden is ponse. pe you are a to catch on all of lost sleep. i forgive you for all that you have done ong. i hope you will exc my late ponse, it took me like three days to read the entire thing. partially becasue it was long, and partially because it was long. i do agree with you now that i've understood what you were trying to say. i hope we can be friends again and play in the sandbox together like when we were kids. keep rockin rick. peace love and soul - pinky IX

Respectfully yours,

rickk5561

mmm, the quote button is fun.