memphis. . .

pinkrocker

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to all of those who are complaining about the fields- the ballboys- the scoreboards- the opening ceremonies blah blah blah, consider this: many people spned the majority of their younger years preparing for an event (like the state soccer tournament) that they never see. You were all given the opportunity to experience something that so many didn't. Quit bitching! you made it to the state tournament. Mike Rose Soccer Complex entertains many teams year round, and if you can find a facility that will accomodate the state tournament, and has better fields let me know. Whether or not Memphis is the place to hold the tournament I don't know- it is a long drive for many teams; however, Nashville only has the Hendersonville fields. I have played there and the aren't even close to being up to everyone on here standards. Murfreesboro only has the airport fields, and there again, the fields are good but not Mike Rose good, AND the don't have bleachers. If anyone wants to argue with me about the best fields go ahead. I have played all over the Middle Tennessee region and at the Mike Rose and I know MRSC is the best. Now if you could take the MRSC and move it to Nashville or Murfreesboro THEN the states could be played there, but as of now no where in the MidTN region can accomodate the states- Memphis is as good as it gets. Congatulations to all of the state competitiors for a great season and a tournament, I hope you all enjoyed Memphis and have the opportunity to return next year.

Whether Mike Rose is the best complex or not, everyone will have their opinion. Why do teams play all year long on fields that have scoreboards that work, but go to the state championships and the scoreboards dont. Ive said before maybe mother nature had something to do with the condition of the fields but there is no excuse for the scoreboards not working. A little extra effort could have been made since some teams travelled 8 hours to get there. But I guess we should stop beating a dead horse. Im sure TSSAA has received alot of feedback so we will see if any changes are made next year. I hope I get to go to Memphis again next year. But to say the teams that made it to Memphis should be grateful is somewhat accurate. But remember it wasnt handed to them, they earned it. The teams had to win 5 or 6 playoff games to get there. Oh by the way the only middle Tn. fields that have been mentioned have been Murfreesboro, Nashville, and Hendersonville. Why hasnt anyone mentioned Franklin? Franklin has one of the best soccer programs in the state not to mention some pretty nice fields also. Memphis gave the best bid for the games, that doesnt necessarilly mean they have the best complex.

Edited by Yankee0697