Great Idea

MaryvilleRebels

I think it would be really cool if TSSAA would do something like college does and at the end of the year award the school with the most points in every sport a trophy. It would be like the Sears Trophy of high school sports, so you could brag that your school was the best in the state. I don't think it would be too hard to do, i mean they can come out with a chart for how many points each team gets per sport and what not. It'd be a fun way to brag about your school! Comments?

Maryville would have finished high.

Football. State 4A champs.

Boys Basketball. 1 Game away from making it to state tournament. 32-5 record.

Baseball was 1 game away from making state tournament.

Girls Softball made the state tourney.

They were decent in their other sports too.

I think it would be really cool if TSSAA would do something like college does and at the end of the year award the school with the most points in every sport a trophy.

A good idea. Why does TSSAA have to do this? Maybe a large state newspaper could create the award, or a sponsor like a sports shoe company? Logistics of puttling the award together would be tough -- Baylor would win every year in DII. In DI are you going to have multiple champions for each class? If so do you do it for A,AA,AAA (basketball, baseball, softball), or in football (1A,2A,3A,4A,5A), or the sports that are in A-AA,AA or like wrestling and bowling where there is just one class? Some tough decisions.

Well I don't really think TSSAA will have to spend any money, they just need to be the official bookkeepers and then get a sponsor to pay for the trophy and have it called the name of the sponsor. I think the best way would be putting the schools in the basketball classifications, but I dunno, maybe you could do it with the entire state, it may not be as accurate, but it would still be a fun thing. Really all you need is the top 10 or 20.