Congrats to the Ballerz

The Mid State Ballerz 16's were one win away from the 16-U championship game at the prestigious Tournament of Champions (TOC). They were the only Tennessee team in any age group to advance out of pool play. Congrats to Ballerz Reginald Delk and Jason Black as well as Travis Sikes of the Thunder for making the 16-U All-Tournament team. Congrats also to Corey Brewer of the Travelers who made the 17-U All-Tournament squad.

At last years tournament, no Tennessee players received All-Tournament honors - in any age group.

Way to go Ballerz! Nice win over the defending champs Pittsburgh Jots who put out the TN Thunder in pool play. The Thunder finished 2-1 in pool play losing to the Jots by 4 and with a nice win over Team Richmond in overtime. This should be a good match--up for state since both are in the same pool.

And there was one TN player last yr to get named to all tourney- David Palmer from the Travellers. Plus this yr there were a lot more TN teams go.

How did the rest of the teams do? Breakers- Travs, etc? I know not out of pool play, but what were the records? I think the rest of TN (East of Shelby County) is beginning to get placed on the map as a recruiting bed.

Good call, shack. I forgot (or didn't know) Palmer was named to the 15-U team last year. I haven't seen total records for all team and don't expect to. That info generally comes from the team.

If the Breakers were there, they were added or changed to/from their pool late. We'll have to wait until a Breaker posts to tell us where they played this past weekend.

While he did not make all-tourney, Giles County's Tyler Smith was a big buzz word at the tourney. He averaged 22pts, 8 reb and 3 assists for the SE Pump N Run Raptors in the 17u. Tyler is listed has a top rising Junior to be by nearly every big time ranking service. People continue to be blown away by his ability. Tyler says of the schools showing interest he has no clear cut leader but likes Tennessee, Alabama, Florida, Duke and North Carolina. All five have shown interest in this young superstar. It is my opinion that he is the best player in the state.

Tyler is the top rising Junior in the State. That is not even a question. He will never be number one Gomab ranking cause he don't play for his AAU Club. Keep up the good work Tyler cause it is funny how every ranking the the country has Tyler the best in Tennessee but Gomab does not even put him number one. haha

Well if you think. Jamar was ranked top 100 last year as a sophmore, does that mean he has to be top 3 in the state ( Theritacally Yes) , but is he , no. Now i think he's ranked top 150 , does that mean he has to be top 5 ( Theritacally Yes ) but is he NO. I'm not trying do degrade Jamar becase he very deserving of his #7 spot but, he fits a good example that I'm trying to make... If I had to pick between Delk and Smith.... They would share the number one spot. But when it comes down to it , what are Gomab rankings, do colleges base their decesion on whether Tyler or Delk is number one or number two..NO i think not.

First off, thanks for the comments on the Ballerz. I am very proud of those guys...

Secondly, how did this turn into another Tyler debate. Listen, I watched Tyler, and he is good. He is not, in my opinion, a better prospect than Delk. Tyler did not average anywhere near 22ppg, so quit lying. In one game I watched him, he had 4 points with 4 minutes to go in the game when I left (though he did have an amazing Dunk). He was not the first, second, or third option scoring for Pump 'n Run. Mike Williams averaged 22 ppg for Pump 'n Run. Tyler is an AMAZING athlete, but is just 6'5 and can't shoot. He is going to be a great player, but he has work to do.

Quit getting mad your boy is not ranked #1 in the State, and just be happy that Tennessee has two of the Top 20 players in the Country, in Delk and Tyler, plus 3 more that are Top 50 to 100 in Delk, Gordon, and Prince....

Go Tennessee High School and AAU Hoops!!!

Sorry to ruffle your feathers gomab. I thought the post was more about players from TN making the all-tourney team than it was about the mighty Ballerz. Congrats on a great tourney but this whole board is not about your team, nor is every post. If you would read the first post it seems to me that this thread is more about players from TN than the Ballerz.

You are right in that Williams averaged 22, sorry for the mistake, but make no bones about it, Tyler was very impressive this weekend.

Here are some pretty good Tyler articles and recognition.

http://www.volball.com/summer2003/smithspo...light052403.htm

http://www.hoopmasters.com/article.php?aid=1053752781

As for be happy there are two you rank so very high, I am, but this is a forum and I think you are wrong in your rankings. Delk has shown he has the potential to be a great prospect, but right now that is all he is, potential. Tyler is already a top level prospect and according to your famous rankings you rank them in terms of their college potential. I respected your rankings up until you pulled this little ranking of the Delks being numbers 1 & 2. As a Division IA scout I would have to rank Tyler 1, Reginald Delk #2, with Prince a close third, but what do I know, I'm not the coach of a powerhouse summer team.