There's a Gunslinger in Kingsport

TRIBE1

Dobyns-Bennett has a junior with a rifle for an arm playing QB this year unless someone else comes on strong. You know what that means, Lamon Williams could be catching balls left and right. From what I have seen, DB is gonna be a little green at some positions, but overall I can see another trip right through Region 1. Jefferson Co. is supposed to be very solid this year and they have been steadily improving, BUT, have they ever beaten DB since Clark has been there? NO, and until it happens then nothing changes.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dobyns-Bennett has a junior with a rifle for an arm playing QB this year unless someone else comes on strong. You know what that means, Lamon Williams could be catching balls left and right. From what I have seen, DB is gonna be a little green at some positions, but overall I can see another trip right through Region 1. Jefferson Co. is supposed to be very solid this year and they have been steadily improving, BUT, have they ever beaten DB since Clark has been there? NO, and until it happens then nothing changes.

It doesn't mean much if he can't throw the ball with some kind of touch and accuracy.

On the other hand, I totally agree that a good arm is an excellent tool for a quarterback.

I don't, however, see DB running through Region 1 this year. Too many good teams and there could be some surprises.

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen this kid pratice and I saw him in the intersquad scrimmage DB had a few weeks ago. This kid has a strong arm that is true, but from what I saw of the offensive line he won't have time to throw and well he didn't exactly make good reads either. Example, in one practice the kid followed Williams straight down the sideline, never once looking to his left. Maybe it's just me but he should learn to go through his reads before looking straight to Williams, cause if they play a team with an experienced secondary that kid will get picked off all day long for doing stuff like that. Yeah DB hasn't been beat by Jeff Co. since Clark came along, but we all saw what happened at Greenville last year right? Point is don't count out a team because of some stupid stat. Also the only way I see DB getting to the playoffs is if their Defense plays well cause it's apparent that the Offense is gonna need some time to get better. But anyway best of luck to DB this year, heaven knows they're gonna need it.

First off I would like to address Tribe1, you my friend know nothing about football, I am sorry but you don't. Now I did graduate from DB and I know what I see when I look at this team this year, three offensive starters returning do not make for a good season, I don't care how big an arm this kid has without an offensive line and just getting to know all the plays will take some time. Now if you played I would like to know what year cause I can tell you right now if you played while I was there, you didn't see much playing time, unless you're someone I know personally and I knew a lot of the starters during my four years at DB. Yes it has been a while since DB did not make the playoffs but this could be the year they don't. And was I not right when I said DB would not win a State Title last year? I do believe I was, case closed. Ok on to the Defense, Erwin is a playmaker, I remember listening to the games on the radio and hearing his name called numerous times, he should start on defense I think, shoot he's an athelete so I say just put him on the field some where and let him play. The Defense will keep DB close all year, it'll be up to the Offense to score, whether or not they do that remains to be seen.

Add a fourth starter to the list, Ryan Powell started quite a few games at the tackle position and returns for his senior season. Due to injuries last year to Jacob McMillan and Walker Throp, Tyler Nottingham and Matt McMillan both started some games as well and had considerable playing time throughout the season, they are both returning for their junior years and Throp returns from reconstructive knee surgery for his senior year.

Joe Erwin will be playing defensive end this year and that should be a real good fit for him. The story is that he doesn't have any interest in playing QB, may see him @TE on the offensive side of the ball...he is a fine athlete.

Let's be positive about this upcoming year, a lot of new faces, a lot of new responsibilities, a lot of new opportunities, all lead by a fantastic coaching staff.