Region 7_2A?

bigbluefan69

From being in this region for 3 years I think that this is becoming one of the most competive regions in the state. Milan is the only team that has been dominate. But the Dresden Lions gave them a surprise last year as they only lost 28-21 in favor of Milan. Also with Dresden beating Humbolt. Dresden seems to struggle in the rain though. Union City is sometimes really good and sometimes they can play terrible. Humbolt, I think that they are a fallin team, they were to confident in beating Dresden b/c Dresden is an all white team and Humbolt is pretty much all black, but Dresden surprised them. The game between Dresden and Westview was won b/c of terrible calls by the refs. (Westview can't lose at home as the refs say.)

Post your opinions.

Edited by bigbluefan69

I must admit that 7-2A is a strong region. Here at Mitchell we suffer from such a weak region that we have to schedule 4A and 5A teams to prepare for the playoffs. This season our non region schedule consist of 5A Whitehaven and 4A Fairley. I wish 8-2A was much stronger. Every year we have one or two teams making the playoffs with a losing record. I can remember only 3 teams in the region winning a playoff game against region 7-2A (Carver, Oakhaven, and Mitchell). I hope our sucesss last year will put pressure on the other teams to take football more serious.

Dresden has really improved in the last 2 years. What remains to be seen is the just a group of good of players or real trend. Humboldt did struggle last year, with a new coach and new offense. But to call them a fallin team may a little hasty. Milan will rule the best district in 2aa this year. With a new coach at Union City, Westview a liitle down, Dresden improving, Peabody always tough and Humboldt with a full year under Coach Craig it should be a real dogfight.