TITANS OVERSTOCKED?

Being from middle tennessee and a huge, HUGE, titans fan, i was wondering what yall see happening for several of their rookies, mainly a few of their undrafted free agents. For starters, the position of Quarterback. I know that during and right after the draft, they hadn't resigned Neil O'Donnel. They went and picked up Tyler Watts from Alabama, and Jason Gesser from Washington St. Their website says they still have Billy Volek too. Now they have O'Donnel back. What are they thinking? Are they going to see which one of the 2(Gesser or Watts) is better and keep one of them, or do you see them getting rid of both and keeping Volek. 5 Qb's is to many to have, and i am surprised that they havent released somebody already...or have they let volek go?My guess would be they are keeping Gesser, but thats just because i think he is the more capeable quarterback. Now at runningback. They have Eddie, and i know they have John Simon, and dont they have another veteran or 2. Anyway, they drafted Chris Brown, the supposed heir apparent to George, then picked up MTSU's Dewone Hicks. I just was wondering your thoughts on Hicks making it for the Titans, and if not for them, somewhere else in the NFL.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being from middle tennessee and a huge, HUGE, titans fan, i was wondering what yall see happening for several of their rookies, mainly a few of their undrafted free agents. For starters, the position of Quarterback. I know that during and right after the draft, they hadn't resigned Neil O'Donnel. They went and picked up Tyler Watts from Alabama, and Jason Gesser from Washington St. Their website says they still have Billy Volek too. Now they have O'Donnel back. What are they thinking? Are they going to see which one of the 2(Gesser or Watts) is better and keep one of them, or do you see them getting rid of both and keeping Volek. 5 Qb's is to many to have, and i am surprised that they havent released somebody already...or have they let volek go?My guess would be they are keeping Gesser, but thats just because i think he is the more capeable quarterback. Now at runningback. They have Eddie, and i know they have John Simon, and dont they have another veteran or 2. Anyway, they drafted Chris Brown, the supposed heir apparent to George, then picked up MTSU's Dewone Hicks. I just was wondering your thoughts on Hicks making it for the Titans, and if not for them, somewhere else in the NFL.

I think that Tyler Watts will be gone before the first Preseason game but I think they will keep Gesser even if he doesn't beat Volek for the 3rd spot on the roster and send him to NFLE I think that could be what will happen with Hicks also.

I think the odd man out if he hasn't been cut already is Mike Green. Simon will make the team because of his pass catching abilities and return capabilities. Holcombe will start the year as the backup but I think Chris Brown will be the backup by the time the season is over!

So u think that Volek can beat Gesser for the #3 spot. i think gesser is a great qb, and the coaches are gonna realize that. i dont know much about volek, but i know that Gesser threw more yards in, i think the pape said his senior year, maybe his jr. and sr. year, than watts did his whole career at U of Ala. What do u think will be come of watts when/if he gets released? picked up by another team, then on to NFLE?

So u think that Volek can beat Gesser for the #3 spot. i think gesser is a great qb, and the coaches are gonna realize that. i dont know much about volek, but i know that Gesser threw more yards in, i think the pape said his senior year, maybe his jr. and sr. year, than watts did his whole career at U of Ala. What do u think will be come of watts when/if he gets released? picked up by another team, then on to NFLE?

Watts might get picked up by another team and sent to the NFLE or he might go there and make a team on his on. I think he could also be a great QB for an Arena football league.

I'm a fan of Watts, but I don't know if the Arena football league is for a quarterback like him. He's a great scrambler, and his senior year, when the Alabama nation was asked to pick their favorite top 10 bama football players of all time, he was on many people's lists. But as a scrambler and not a pure drop back passer, I worry about him in the Arena league where the field is only 50 yards long and you only have 3 down lineman. Not the most ideal positions to run the option, veer, etc.

His senior year I believe Bama had two starting quarterbacks (might have been junior year) and any time you see that...then you know that the job isn't very secure.

Look at the Vols, Clausen is the signal caller, even though the other two, are better runners and much faster and athletic.

Once again, I love Watts, and I hope he does well...but I don't see him staying in the NFL.

"Titans' offense" and "overstocked" are two terms I never thought I'd hear. Most of the added QBs will be dropped, but I'd love to see what's in store for Gesser.

As for Running Back, who knows how many years remain for Eddie. I hope he lasts a long time, but you can never be sure given the pounding that he's taken.

Did Kevin Dyson leave? I thought I remembered reading about that somewhere. :)

Kevin Dyson signed with Carolina! Drew Bennett is listed as the second receiver I would look for Justin McCarenies to show what he has got this season but I think Calico has what it takes to be a big time player down the road I have seen where he has been very impresive in mini camps and saw a interview where Eddie George said he could be like Terrell Owens with his size!

Dyson signed with Carolina, then tore his achiles, so he's probably done.

Calico could be good...but he's a rook, and dem rooks always struggle (remember Plaxico's first year) Ashley Lelie struggled a lil bit in my opinion last year...Freddie Mitchell has still not panned out...unless your Randy Moss, it's hard to have a good first year.

Bennet is a good number WR becasue he is very consistant and you can count on him in clutch situations. I don't know what it is, but I think McCarenies is my least favorite player on the roster. Unitl the playoffs last year I thought he was an overrated bum... I get scared when he has it, I'm just waiting for him to screw things up. Calico's best days won't be for another two years probably. They should be a little improved over last year, but look for them to be back towards the top of the heap in 2004.