What player shined the most!?!?

jackal

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goldenboy, talk about something you know about. Just because you know some of the players on the team does not mean that they should play every snap. And if your buddies had played every snap I'm sure you would not be complaining. Continue to be a sideline hero. You seem to be rather good at it

Hey goldenboy....I definately agree with you. I thought that #70 for west was really slow and sluggish. It seemed like he stood up every time they snapped the ball and he couldnt stay low enough to make a good block. I also thought i heard the commentaters say that he ate 52 chicken wings at a eating competition they had so maybe that was his problem. I think if he just tried harder and tried to get a little quicker he would improve a lot.

I probably wouldn't be complaining if my "buddies" would of played every play. I would be happy because the west would of done better. Their line flat out sucked. Pretty much everybody has been saying that too. If something doesn't work, you should change it, and give the lesser known players a chance. And what the crap is a "sideline hero"? Why don't you talk about something that you have a clue about camper fefaw. 52 chicken wings.............whoa. lol I think I ate about 3 after the game. Was he the winner of the eating contest? ;)

If the information I have is correct, the West only had 7 0-linemen and two of those were added the week of the game. It is really hard to play others when you have no others! Also, I suspect the west coaches played the players based on the practices held during the week, not on how they blocked or ran during the season. 70 played tackle by the way, not center. Did you even watch the game or do you not understand the basic positions. At any rate, you at best have been misinformed or at worst are a silly kid who thinks he has all the answers. I don't know much about the west coaches other than where they coached, Christian Brothers, Sycamore, etc.... but I am relatively sure those men have forgot more football than you will ever know. Because your team has had 1 winning season in many years certainly does not qualify you as an expert. Maybe coacht should add a childrens forum for popcorn heros like yourself.

fefaw, you need to get your facts straight it seems. goldenbnoy was just stating his opinion and it seems alot of people agree with him. the west got outcoached everyone saw that. i know all the guys had a great experience this past week but i know some players on both sides didn't get to display their talents. the west coached kept wanting to play the D-1 prospects. Well i tell you this Arkansas has their handful with the two lineman they are getting. If you watch the tape you will see how lazy they are. some might say they weren't trying to get hurt, well to them i say why the heck are they out there, everytime i stepped out on the field i wanted to win. Oh yeah feefaw, Goldenboy goes to Lewis Co. and trust me they know how to win football games down there in Howenwald. I promise your school can't match-up to them.

D-1 prospect are not. I feel sure the coaches put what they felt were the best players on the field. Have you ever considered that maybe the east was better? Also, the west was ahead 14-0 when the east kicked a fieldgoal and then because of shrine bowl rule, recieved the ensuing kickoff as well. I also understood the paper to say that the punter from Brentwood had a broken jaw suffered during the game and maybe....just maybe...playing through the pain contributed to his dropping the snap in the endzone. I, don't know what went on that week of practice. I know you will respond with some smart, kid comment, but remember.... you simply don't know the facts. You think you know, but you don't.

I won't be replying to your answer, so feel free to really let me have it. YOU THE MA.....er...BOY!

The West had 8 linemen according to my program, but that doesn't really matter. If 70 played tackle then that's even more of a reason why the coach should of played his subs more. I'm not trying to say that the guys I know were the best players there, but when you're gaining one yard a play or losing them don't you think you should change the line up some and the backs too. I watched the game and I know all of the positions. I've never claimed to be an expert on football or anything. You call me a child but you are the one calling names call not. Thanks for backing me up Jacketpride24. Just so you know fefaw. 1991 was the last time we didn't have a winning season at my school. Here's a few stats for you.

Lewis County Panthers

Back to Back Region 5-2A Champs

Back to Back 10 win seasons

39-11 record last 4 years

Won at least 8 games a season for 11 straight years

Home of Mr. Football 2003 nominee Bobby Clift

Home of one of the greatest coaches in all of Tennessee Bobby Sharp

:D;)

Thanks, I am very proud of Dale.  He was hit pretty hard in the hip in the second quarter and didn't play again till after they wrapped him up at half time.  I saw the paper down there and it said that Dale was signed with ETSU.

However, Dale is not signed with any school.  I hope he will get a call.  His heart is in it.  He would love to play for college and I think he would be a great asset to any team.  Good luck in the future to all the guys that played.

Landersmom....We are all proud of Dale...I wish him the best of luck in the future and I hope that he gets a call.

Edited by meow