Oakland....

SugarPie

just wonderin how they r lookin for the upcomin season? how many senior did we lose this past year? and how many of them were starter? let me know something all ya'll Oakland fans! last year i get behind on the whole sports thing! and how many of the player this year are seniors? :blink:

Guest region4fan

I am not sure how many seniors there are this year. I can tell you that the seniors are quality players. Many started last year. We are returning most of the entire defense. We have many returning starters on the O as well. we are not too deep in each position. So barring any injuries, this could be our year.

last year we had 13 seniors, of those, 6 were starters, with a few more seeing playing time. other than that, and the loss of maurice crawford being academically, the rest of the team returns starters. On offense, they lose 3 o line men and a receiver, on devense, they lose 2 d-lineman and a LB, and some db's who didnt start, but played in a nickle type defense. but like region4fan said, they lack some depth, and if they have injuries, it could pose a problem. but if not, i wouldnt be surprised if we(i say we cuz i played last year and have since graduated) made a run and are playin in the Blue Cross Bowl in week 15.

Guest Oakland

you also seem to conviently forget that the lc-oakland game is in the boro and the last 2 times the falcons and the patriots have met in the boro lets just say they have been in oakland's favor, plus u guys got a tough team in franklin for week 0 so i would be worrying about that game instead of us.

I would also question Lincoln County's assertion that the "boro fans really don't know yet."

The last two meetings with Blackman ended in defeat, both at the Pit and at Blackman. Oakland, as they have already stated, has no problem with home contests, and last year's fluke win against Riverdale will more than likely be avenged at Tomahawk on September 12.

Only time will tell though.

-JohnC

Good Job SugarPie.... i was wonderin the same thing and u beat me to it!! and Thanks guys and girls for feelin us in!! looks like Oakland is goin to have an alright team this year!! Can't Wait til the seasons starts!! but til then work hard all u Oakland guys!! i'll be there to cheer ya'll on all the way!! (hints the name) but til next time.... have a good day!! :):D;)