hoosier shootout

Tennessee teams represented VERY well this past weekend, led by the Tennessee Breakers' outstanding run to the Championship game...

The Tennessee Travelers and the Midstate Ballerz were both missing 4 key players each, but both also did very well. The Travelers advanced to the Final 8, before losing to the Spiece Blue Demons, and the Ballerz knocked out Tourney favorite, Basketball Ontario (Can) on their way to the Sweet 16. Tennessee Thunder also made it out of pool play, before losing first round...

All in all, the 4 Tennessee teams really excelled...

Top Players from Tennessee during the tourney:

-Ryan Daniel, 6'9 C, Tn Thunder...became an elite player in the State, and showed athleticism, great footwork, and a nice touch...

-Courtney Pigram, 6'0 2G, Midstate Ballerz...Pigram established himself yet again as the Top Wing Guard in the State of Tennessee. Pigram averaged 20 ppg for the third straight tourney (leading all Tn scorers), and showed unbeleivable slashing moves to the hoop to go with a deadly outside shot...

-Jonathon Adams, 6'4 WF, Tn Travelers (Jr)...Adams showed again why he is at least a Top 7 player in the Junior class in Tennessee. Adams is athletic, has a great body, and shoots it well...

-LaBrian Lyons, 6'3 CG, Midstate Ballerz...Lyons stepped his game to another level, and made a strong push for Top 10 ranking status in the state. Lyons is a strong, jump out of the gym athlete, who stroked long jumpers all week long, and is starting to garner some High Major attention as a PG...

-Kellen Pickel, 6'0 2G, Tn Breakers...Pickel again showed a pure outside shot in leading the breakers to the title game. Pickel has NBA range, but does need to get stronger and quicker...

-Antwon Harris, 6'3 WF, Midstate Ballerz...Antwon continued to see his stock rise as he continues to display the perimeter skills of a true Wing forward. Harris averaged 12.4 ppg and 6.0 rpg for the tourney...

-Shane Dansby, 6'4 WF, Tn Travelers...Dansby looks again like a solid Mid Major player, and continues to show a nice outside stroke. Dansby does need to add some muscle, but his athleticism makes him an intriguing prospect...

-Tyler Gaskin, 6'4 WF, Tn Breakers...Though not a d-1 player, Gaskin may have been the most effective Breakers player in the two games I watched. Gaskin has great hands, and hit some key threes in the Breakers' semis win. Gaskin would be a good D-II/NAIA/D-III fit...

-Jason Black, 6'4 PG, Midstate Ballerz...Black continues to establish himself as a top Mid Major Prospect as a long, athletic, bouncy, 6'4 PG. Black, just 16 years old, has quickness, a nice outside shot, and has stunning elevation on his pull up jumper. Black continues to impress and will be a major find for a Mid major at PG...

-Zach Connor, 6'3 2G, Tn Breakers...Connor has impressed me every time I have seen him this year, and continues to do so. Connor is a great NAIA prospect, and has good size at 6'3. Connor has a sweet stroke, and the southpaw really elevates well on his outside shot...

-Josh Artis, 6'0 PG, Midstate Ballerz...Josh, a PG from Kentucky, is a true prospect on the rise. Artis is a pure point, who distributes very well, and has a pure outside shot, shooting 51.1% from 3pt range through 34 games this year. Artis also has great academic standing, which has drawn the interest from a number of D-1 schools on the east coast...

Edited by gomab2

The Tennessee Breakers also played without several key players on their run to the championship game. The Breakers basically played with 6 players during the stretch run. Some injuries depleted their lineup, but ALL players played extremely well. The team showed extreme heart and guts to accomplish what they did as a TEAM! I could not be more proud of a group of young men!!!

As far as ranking players and predicting their future I will leave that up to the " so called experts." :D

I don't understand how six players that are only rated by Gomab as DIII or NAIA prospects could make it to the Hoosier championship game (which they only lost by 3)? The Breakers then went to the West Virginia Jam-Fest and went 2 and 1 only to get beat by the East Coast Eagles. The Breakers, with only 5 players, (Pikell went home to another commitment and Tipton had a severe ankle sprain) were ahead of them by 12 half way through the second half (they don't play quarters) when the Eagles had to press and sub in fresh legs to wear the Breakers down.

I don't care about the "self proclaimed expert's" individual ratings. I know that there are five kids from the Breakers that showed more heart and determination than I have ever witnessed. What they did in those tournaments was inspiring.

Way to go Zack, Zack, Tevah, A.J., and Tyler. :)

Kellen Pickel is a D-1 player...

Tevah Morris is likely a D-1 player...

So we are talking about a team with 2 Division 1 players (at least), which is very good. Tipton and Gulmire have a chance as well, and are both recieving some D-1 interest...

The Breakers have a great TEAM, and are incredibly well-coached. They have great chemistry, defend, and can stroke the outside shot. That is a lethal combination. I love the Breakers team, and am glad that a team from Tennessee represented so well in Indianapolis... Congrats Breakers...

Edited by gomab2