D-B vs. Sullivan North

backinblack

I would like to wish both teams good luck this season. As far as the game, no predictions from me. I usually come up and watch DB play when Cloudland has a bye week. I would like to see all region 1 teams in all classes bring the gold ball home.

GO HIGHLANDERS!!!

Edited by SteelCurtain

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to hear from ya SteelCurtain.I feel the same about region 1, and you guys probably have the best chance of all of us, to bring home a gold ball.Man, i thought you guys had it a year or two ago.Best of luck to you guy's this year and go get that state championship you guys deserve.If ya get a chance, come on up and watch the game.Your more than welcomed, and can cheer for whoever ya want, we'd just be glad to have ya.

We are thinking of getting something together before the big game, not sure just yet, but all parents are welcome to put their input in as we would like the entire community to think of a way to show their support. Maybe everyone needs to find out about when the booster meeting is and show, I heard there were only a couple people who are basically running the boosters so maybe its time to add some fresh blood to the campaign to show these kids they have the support of their community. Contact jlayneak@charter.net

Just wondering, Is there going to be a "BIG GAME" parade in Bloomingdale the day of the "BIG GAME" ? I hear fans will be coming from as far away as Orbank, & Lynn View. Will shuttle vans & buses be used ? I'd hate to walk a mile to get to the field.

One more thing. I know the people who schedule flights for the GoodYear Blimp. If your interested

LOL, good one!!! You would just have to understand how things are going at North.Yeah it does seem to be exaggerated, but the school is in need of a boost.The best way to do that is to get people involved, it wasn't until the last year or two, that you even heard of a alumni group here.You guy's just happen to be our first game, so what's the big deal about trying to get more people to come out.These kids has lived in the shadow of D-B for years, the city pulls every cent they can out of these two communities,and sure don't send much of it back.These kids are the ones that suffers from it the most.It's there schools that are being shut down, because over half the students are city residents.It there school that there wanting to take away from them and place overflow from D-B in.It's these kids brothers and sister's that are going to have to ride a bus 45 min. to get to school and 45 more to get home.So what's the big deal about trying to get some people to come out and leave alittle money at the gate.These kids are overlooked, and left out.Just look at the money donated to D-B from the Eastman, how much did Sullivan North,or South get.Both these schools are in Kingsport,but i guess they can't offer the tax breaks and such.These kids can't go up against the politics in this city, and they are well aware of all of this, thanks to such actions in Lynn Garden.No, D-B itself has nothing to do with any of these things, but these kids do understand the pride the city has in there Indians.They'll be ready to play, and they'll be grateful for every dollar left at the gate.And i don't see the problem with trying to get as many to the gate as possible.If ya don't wanna walk a mile, you got connections with the blimp"parachute in"!!

Darned Tootin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!There Backinblack. I totally agree with that standpoint. No harm in being excited for these kids in a Rivalry that hasnt been played in years. DB has their fans and we have ours. Just like any other team.

We do have a reason to show support for these kids, they are ours. And ya know what mine wont even probably get any playtime, but the other kids on the team, I know and support just as much as my own because I love to watch them play and do well. Whats the old slogan, Not the winning or losing but how ya play the game. I say with HEART and the heart is definately coming back to this team. More and more at practice, every day a few more people are turning out to see whats going on, and I like what I see in that. That in itself shows support and these kids know it. So Go Golden Raiders its time to shine. We believe in you.