D-B vs. Sullivan North

backinblack

These kids seem to really like each other,for the most part.I believe most of them will work as a team.There definately headed in the right direction,one thing i really like seeing, is haveing the younger kids being envolved.Last year, they barely had enough to have a freshman team.It's good to see them being out there and getting to participate, they can learn alot from being out there with the older kids.One thing that bothers me though, is the lack of support from the community.You drive through Gate City during football season, and there's signs of support up all over the place.There's times that there is alot of people in the stands, but not alot of them scream and raise the roof "sort of speak".These kids represent there community well, and deserve there support.Nothing can fire up a team better,than a lively crowd.We need to do our part and make some noise, maybe even have a tailgate party or two.You build that bond between the fans and team, and i gaurantee they will play harder.It also builds a closer community, and with a closer community you get a stronger one.We need to go that extra mile now, and fire up the stands!!!

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't hate D-B, i have replies in several posts that says nothing but good things about D-B.We just want Sullivan North to get some publicity and support.What's wrong with trying to build some support with our school, or are we always suppose to be in the shadows of D-B.There's alot of people in the North area that support D-B when Norths out of town, or through D-B's playoff runs.How many D-B fans can say they do the same for North.In there eyes there is only one team in Kingsport, heck they're even called the Kingsport Indians now more than the D-B Indians.I don't know where ya got that D-B haters stuff from this post!!!!!!!

Edited by backinblack

I look for this to be a very close game, with DB pulling it out in the final minutes. North will be fired to the gills, with the new coach, playing DB for the first time in several yrs., bragging rights, etc. Im not sure the game means as much to DB as it does North. Sort of like playing South. Not knocking either school, they have good teams every yr. Its just that the teams DB gets up for are like Oak Ridge, Jeff Co. Sevier Co. etc.

I say the game ends up 14-7 DB. If it all pans out, DB should have a great defence this yr., and I don't see North puting up 28 points on them. I think DB will score late to win it. Probably Lamon Williams on a long pass play.

But then we're all guessing, right

WaCoJaCo, nice reply, your right about the game probably meaning more for North than D-B.Let's face it D-B has a very tough conference schedule on down the road,that carries much more meaning to them than this.Sounds like you hit it on the way North will be too,but i believe D-B might be a little more fired up for this one than the South game.Not saying anything against South, but North has had a little more success recently than they have, and some of the D-B kids played with and against some of the North kids over in Lynn Garden growing up.These two reasons is why i think they'll be alittle more fired up for North.The game could be a hard fought close game with D-B pulling it out in the end.I do think D-B has a very good defense,but i believe a higher scoreing game would be more in there favor than a low scoreing one.Finacially, North needs this game far worse than D-B, i hope eveyone comes out to watch.