Best QB in the state?

dafuture4all

I don't believe that a player is necessarily better because of rankings on ESPN. I'll give you an examples of a player who was overhyped: Willie Henderson from Ridgeway two years ago was ranked as the # 3 prospect in the country before his senior season. Going head to head with him evryday in practice, I can assure you that he was not all he was built up to be and it showed when at the end of the season he wasn't ranked anywhere in the top 100 prospects.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jayray,

it depends on what site he was ranked on...You are right, Henderson was good, but no where near that good... Was it on a credible site such as ESPN?

Or did willie's uncle have a site lol?

Tell me who is better than jayray...

cus it isn't Hudgens of RHS, he's got a cannon for an arm, but now that RHS is in 4A they will have trouble...I.E. 40-0 loss to East in one quarter.

The best quarterback in the state is the kid from Smyrna. 

Go to ESPN.COM and then go to college football, mel kiper has the top 25 players at each position, and he is one of the top 25 quarterbacks in the country...no one else from TN was listed at Quarterback...so therefore, he is the best.

Other good ones...Ridgeway's QB, MUS' QB, McCallie's QB,  MBA's QB, just to name a few.

my opinion is david wolke has thrown the ball alot more than most tenn QB's..thats why he is ranked...

edmiston from lc and also other QB's will shine...they have more support around them..

smyrna throw the ball every down... no choice

Edited by FALCON4

Guest Oakland

actually i think smyrna will be running the ball many times this fall because of their inconsistent recieving core, and just throw in my 2 cents, i think edminston is a better overall qb as far as athletic ability and everything else, wolke is more of a pocket passer, i would since oakland has plays these guys every year

Michael Edmiston from Lincoln County will face Franklin High School in the first game of the year. Franklin High School has a quarterback by the name of Matt Solima. No one has ever heard of Matt Solima. I don't think this will be the case after August 22nd! These two teams have developed quite a rivalry over the past few years, Franklin has been fortunate to escape with two victories in the last two years. Be sure not to miss this early season QB show. You will see plenty of talent from both of these teams on both sides of the ball!

Solima certainly has a heck of an arm on him, doesn't he? I agree that he'll be making a name for himself this year. With Nichols and Murray for his targets, Matt has some great potential.

926........any hear on where Dave might play college at? I have heard he had a visit to Nebraska but not a very credible source? Any info would be great!

Well, I heard the same thing from a very credible source. Word is that they were more interested in his punting ability than his QB ability. That's a shame because I would think he would fit in very well as a Nebraska QB, being as how they favor the athletic scrambler to the pocket-passer.

• 4 weeks later...