JV and Freshmen gone in clarksville

Footballen

Please tell me how you feel? I am continuing coaching but as a vol. We get only minimal, but every bit counts for the time I and others have placed in our program. My only concern is the freshmen and sophmores. They will not have a chance to grow and learn. How do you feel about this craziness in clarksville?

Please explain to me how the school board can do this to these young kids? I have a suggestion though... form a 9th grade youth football association, borrow equipment from the schools in the county, charge small fee, and play at a city or public park in town. Raise money through concession sales and pay the referees. Play your games on Saturdays... you might be able to get some local youth football associations to help you get organized! Forget the school board and play football anyway!

JC33TN,

You can start with the booster club presidents for each school and have them help you with this venture.

I, for one, am very upset over the events of the past week, concerning the elimination of coaches and/or athletic programs in Clarksville.

But after doing some research, I'm more upset over the fact that the support personnel have not received a pay raise in quite some time. Why have the powers to be let this go on so long?

Last, but not least, I'm extremely p.o. that a coach leaves to go to AP and coach only days before fall camp is scheduled to begin. Makes me begin to wonder what was this man thinking? Bet he complains about the lack of support form the super and the BOE, county commissioners, every one else, but he SHAFTS THE ENTIRE PROGRAM WHEN HE LEAVES ON SUCH NOTICE.

:lol:;);)

Edited by msgov

First, I just wanted to say that I grew up in Clarksville and attended CHS. I am deeply concerned about what is happening with high school sports in Montgomery county. It is a shame that the school board has not risen to the occasion and properly funded 9th grade and JV programs. Through the 60's 70's and 80's, some of the best teams in the state, came out of Clarksville and now high school sports has been dealt a severe blow in the county. Montgomery county is one of the biggest counties in the state and should be able to adequately fund academics as well as athletics. Come on Clarksville, go the extra mile and figure out what really matters, your youth. If the leaders of Montgomery county put their heads together and heart into it, they will succeed. ELA's suggestion is a good one for this fall, but it would be tough to put together some type of youth football league this late, but it could be done, with parental and community support. I hope everyone who reads this thread understands that high school sports is not guaranteed to be funded and must be managed by administators, coaches and parents, to stay successful. It takes a lot of work and commitment. Hopefully, they wil overcome this obstacle. Good Luck!