17u Nationals

Down in Disney Wide World of Sports is the 17u Nationals. Now, if I read everything correctly, TN has the Memphis Y 17's in the semi's against the Sports Academy Cubs (LA) tomorrow at 10:00 AM EST. The Y picked up recent Florida commit Corey Brewer of The Tennessee Travelers. Also, playing for eighth ( if I read that correctly too) is the Mid State Ballerz against Patomic Valley Bullets who I believe are from the Washington DC area. The Mid State Ballerz had a few notable wins against a Team Nike Florida, who has Keith Brumbaugh and Zarron Cann, who are both rising juniors, and Jason Rich, who is probably a top 100 player in 2004. Also, against the Jackson Panthers, who has one of the top players in the Class of 2004, (Top 3 by theinsiders.com) Al Jefferson (Don't know if he was there or not). All I know about the Memphis YOMCA is that they have not yet been defeated, and they beat Indiana Red in the first round, Boo Williams in the second, The Illinois Wolves 16's, and then the Philly M.J.C. in the quarterfinals. Corey exploded on the first and last pool play games for 31 and 40; and had 20 points the next game against the Indiana Red I believe. Anyways, it's all on aauboysbasketball.org, so you can check for yourself... but I am pretty sure I'm correct. Anyways, congrats and keep it both teams. I'm not sure about the other TN teams. I hope they all did well. This is just what I saw on a few scouting websites and by different gurus as well. Courtney Pigram has had 3 games of atleast 20 points (24,20,20) Bob Gibbons' new site has done a good job of keeping up with the scoring leaders for day by day. Also, there is a big write up on Bluechiphoops.com on Corey Brewer by Dave Telep.

Edited by ballhog24

sorry... i read the schedule wrong. The Memphis Y played tonight at 10 instead of tomorrow morning. If they win they will play The Martin Brothers Select out of Iowa, and if they lose they play Team Richmond out of Virginia. The Mid State Ballerz play tomorrow at 1 PM

Mid State Ballerz got beat by 11 today playing for 8th place, 84-73. They finished 12th overall in the nationals. Way to go guys. Also, the Memphis YOMCA beat Sports Academy (LA) in overtime last night and made it to the championship game today at 4 PM. Good Luck

Edited by ballhog24

Just an AAu question!!!!!!!! In boys AAU can a team pick up players who did not participate in AAu during the season? I was just curious as to how Brewer was picked up by a team when he did not play with them in substate or state? In girls ball that is not possible. Is there a difference?