Oak Ridge vs. South Doyle Scrimmage

boyfromsi

Just a report from the scrimmage tonight...

Oak Ridge varsity scored 4 touchdowns to SD 0. JV scored another 3 times to SD 1. Booker and Gulmire looked good. The line started slow but picked up the pace as the game progressed. SD looked good on their opening drive, but was stopped inside the 10 yard line. The Cats defensive shut them down the rest of the way. Next week's Maryville scrimmage should be interesting.

Thanks for the report on the SD scrimmage! Living in Hixson makes it tough to follow the Wildcats.

I certainly hope the Maryville scrimmage will be interesting. Based on what has happened the last several years if OR can just stay close and not get slaughtered then it will be improvement.

Thanks again for the scrimmage report and I'll look forward to reading what you have to say after the Maryville scrimmage.

~~Go Wildcats - Hixson and Oak Ridge,

Steve

I really didn't get to see Booker run the ball, but I did see Gulmire run the peel. He ran that peel like he was ready for week two in the season. Gulmire is impressive. I hope to see Oak Ridge senior running back keep his pads on the whole time against Maryville.

Edited by SirPettus

Just a report from the scrimmage tonight...

Oak Ridge varsity scored 4 touchdowns to SD 0.  JV scored another 3 times to SD 1.  Booker and Gulmire looked good.  The line started slow but picked up the pace as the game progressed.  SD looked good on their opening drive, but was stopped inside the 10 yard line.  The Cats defensive shut them down the rest of the way.  Next week's Maryville scrimmage should be interesting.

What type of Offense does South Doyle have? (Wing T, Power I) also how many players do they have?

They are scheduled to be at Sequatchie Co. on Aug. 8th

Thanks!

Edited by Sequatchie

Sequatchie,

I'll try to be as descriptive as I can... SD runs a lot of option from the I with a man in motion. Their basic defensive set is a 3-4 with a lot of blitzing. I was impressed with their number 33, good speed. To be honest, they looked pretty young and their seemed to be about 50 players on the team.

Thanks for the report on the SD scrimmage! Living in Hixson makes it tough to follow the Wildcats.

I certainly hope the Maryville scrimmage will be interesting. Based on what has happened the last several years if OR can just stay close and not get slaughtered then it will be improvement.

Thanks again for the scrimmage report and I'll look forward to reading what you have to say after the Maryville scrimmage.

~~Go Wildcats - Hixson and Oak Ridge,

Steve

Hey Willie!

Appreciate the support from out-of-town! I will try to keep things posted for fans like you.

Sequatchie,

I'll try to be as descriptive as I can... SD runs a lot of option from the I with a man in motion. Their basic defensive set is a 3-4 with a lot of blitzing. I was impressed with their number 33, good speed. To be honest, they looked pretty young and their seemed to be about 50 players on the team.

Thanks Again!