CAK vs. Union County

BUBBA61

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think CAK will be a better team, but they still haven't proved they can win a big game. Until then Midway, Coalfield, Oneida and Greenback still are higher in my book. CAK has the potential to finish second, but they must learn to win games against top level teams. Wins over Oakdale and Sunbright are not those wins. Good luck to CAK this year but I'm not ready to say their the second best team just yet. They could be though.

Good point Goosevol, but CAK should be alot better. We practiced with them this spring and they have already improved since then. That region is going to be an interesting race to watch. Our region, 1-AAA, should also be fun to watch. We are in the same boat as CAK. We won't say much right now, but we plan on having a say in our conference race. Beating Claiborne every year doesn't say much. Until we beat Rutledge, Sullivan North, Seymour, or Pigeon Forge (at least one of them) we can't say we've improved. It's always good to be positive though. GO PATRIOTS!

[CAK was very fundamental and had 4 or 5 really good players. They surprised me. RB/LB #34 & TE/LB #84 looked real good.]

just wanted to elaborate on a couple of things. #34 and #84 are pretty good ballplayers, but not the only ones. #7 QB seemed really comfortable in everything he did, even with many blitzing LB's to deal with. TB/LB #32 is a freakin' horse man; that kid can hit hard. LB #54 looked pretty solid too; he's supposed to be a prospect.

I know this is off topic, but Oneida's secondary is very young and one starter was out with an injury. Catholic got very lucky with some of the passes, most of them shouldn't have been completed but the DB's didnt cover very well. Oneida played a lot of young or inexperienced players on defense. Three starting linebackers are sophomores with one senior in the mix. They play sophomores at DB and at the D line also. They didn't get a very good pass rush til about the middle of the scrimmage. Whe nthey get experience they could beat Catholic.