What's the Best D to run?

AERoadrunners

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what the rules are for what defenses you are required to run in little league, but if you are wanting to imitate MSU's D, it was originally designed by Joe Lee Dunn. He has a book explaining his 3-3 stack with 5 db's behind it. The base front is 3 down lineman, the nose is in a 0 technique, and the tackles are head up on the tackles. The 3 lb's are stacked behind. You have the option of slanting fronts strong or weak, and bringing the Lb's in the open gaps, you can loop the tackles, and bring lb's in b gaps while running an x stunt with the nose and mike. You can pinch the tackles and bring the lb's outside for contain. Really the possibilities are endless. I really don't know if this is the best D for a young group. I would have to agree with whoever said that teaching fundamentals is more important. But I hope this is of some help to you.

AE runner - I don't know who you are coaching, but don't let JohnPaul find out or all your good players will be wearing Central Black and Red after Helton hears about them.

Run a 4-4 or a 6-2 - force the offense outside and you should have athletes to run sideline to sideline. Teach your d ends and DL to wrong shoulder and Stanton will be very happy with you.