White Cty vs Cookeville

disgustedfan

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As one of the players that graduated last year..i know for a fact that if the Cavaliers cut out all the stupid mistakes (like they made during the jamboree)then the streak will continue!!

I look for great game from both sides but theres no way Cookeville can lose to White County. Not Possible!!

Joslin will have the Cavs ready for their opener. They will be prepared and ready to begin the season. They have looked good during most of the scrimmages and if they were going to make mistakes, better to do it in the jamboree than during a regular season game. I know that White Co. is a better team this year, but they will not be underestimated. The Cavs will take a lesson from the Tullahoma game and be prepared to start their season. GO CAVS !!!!!!!

In light of the Warrior stunning victory over the Wildcats of Tullahoma, I think you have to ask the question, "Is White County really that good, or is Tullahoma really that bad??"

This is White County's first trip back to the Class 4A ranks after spending some time in Class 3A playing the likes of Bledsoe County and getting beat in those contests.

I'm not so sure that White County has improved, but I could be wrong. I believe if Cookeville plays like they are in the defense of their Region 3-5A title, even though the Warriors are a non-region contest, this game should not be close. We will see. If White County wins, then there is something going on in Sparta that has fooled every single Tennessee Prep Football preseason poll out there.

Remember, going into the Tullahoma game, just about everybody had White County ranked last in Class 4A among some 61 schools. They had Tullahoma ranked way up there! So the question on whether or not White County is really that good will be answered Friday.

And the question of whether or not Tullahoma is really that bad will be answered in the next three weeks as T-Town makes consecutive road trips to area rivals Franklin County, Shelbyville, and then in Manchester for the Coffee Pot game against Coffee County.

Semperfi-good post and good thinking. It should be a eye opening game for both teams. Has White Cty turned it around in one year? And does Cookeville's speed

make up for the losing of talented senior linemen? The bleechers should be packed and both teams ready for another segment of a heated rivarly. There is not much love lost or respect by either team.

White County is a much improved team. Jarvis Williams is a very good runner. Tullahoma may struggle in 2003. They have a lot of tough players, but no speed and not much of a running game. Cookeville should have one of the best defenses in Region 3-5A. They have a linebacker who will play Div.1 next yr. I cannot think of his name. Cookeville's offenze may struggle for a few games, but they should beat White County at home.

Tullahoma may struggle in 2003. They have a lot of tough players, but no speed and not much of a running game.

Wingman, I would have to agree with you. Tullahoma is really going to miss Adam Dawkins. BTW, I think Dawkins may have enlisted in the U.S. Marine Corps. I know he came to alot of our Marine Corps poolee meetings.

I just got the feeling that in his absence, not only has Tullahoma's running game taken a major hit, but the entire team may have taken a hit.

Tullahoma hasn't lost to Franklin County is a few years now. I say if Franklin County wins, then Tullahoma could be glaring down the road at a losing season for the first time in a LOOOONG time! I don't think John Olive has ever had a losing season in his eleven years at Tullahoma. Who knows?