Brentwood Academy @ Oakland

addictedtosports.com

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

No matter the outcome, I know that the Patriots will play with heart, skill, determination, faith, and especially CLASS!! Work hard this week, boys. Know that your fans are behind you 100%. I know that you will be ready to give it to BA .

if ba plays awesome they win by 21, decent 10, not great 3 although oakland has a great team, i dont think it will be able to beat ba, i dont think anyone this year from 4 5a could beat ba but oakland would be the ones to do it i give them about a 20% chance of winning

this is 100% opinion

Brentwood Academy and Oakland are both very keyed up for this marquee showdown between two teams that are elite in their respective classifications, and in the state as a whole. BA enters the game following a 34-17 victory over a solid Centennial team, while Oakland plays its first game of the year. Here are my keys to the game:

1)GAME EXPERIENCE. Oakland may be rusty and sloppy since it's their first game, and while Brentwood Academy certainly won't be flawless, their Week 0 experience could very well prove to be an advantage. Each team handles its first game differently, and if Oakland can play conservative, ball-control football, it stands its best chance of winning. However, such a style of play lends itself to how BA wants Oakland to play, because they won't have to worry as much about the long ball or fake punt. So the Patriots need to find a healthy balance.

2)BRENTWOOD ACADEMY DEFENSE. The Eagles were less than superb on the defensive side of the ball against Centennial, whose wishbone exploits initially stymied the Eagles before they asserted themselves and began to control play. This time around, though, their margin of error is smaller against the more two-dimensional Patriots. If BA can dominate early, they will win the game without a problem because of their potent running game. However, if they let Oakland control the time of possession, the Pats could pull it out.

3)BALL CONTROL. If Oakland holds the ball for awhile, they greatly increase their chances of winning. Same for BA, whose rushing attack is arguably the finest in Tennessee with "thunder" David Holbert and "lightning" Theo Townsend. Whoever has the ball the longest will probably win.

It should be a fabulous contest. Brentwood Academy appears to hold the early upper hand, but the game could definitely go either way. I think both teams will score multiple times, with BA outlasting Oakland. My score;

Brentwood Academy 30, Oakland 21

My roommate's prediction (a BA alum as well):

BA 24, Oakland 13

Edited by WesVols

Wes, your analysis is very good, and I think it will be about the same score you predict if BA can eliminate mistakes!! That is a big if. Four lost fumbles, three dropped passes against Oakland will spell doom.

I hope that BA can pull this one out. I do not think they will eliminate all the mistakes however, and I will predict a BA 28 - Oakland 27 score. I will not be surprised in the least if Oakland wins.

I really think that everyone is giving Oakland too much credit. If they can stop the duo of Theo Townsend and David Holbert it will be close but who do they have to stop them? If they can not stop the duo then uh oh... Oakland does have a good offense and a good running back in Crawford whom BA will have to defend. I see both teams as offensive based teams with a decent defense. I am personally picking BA by 10 just because of the duo. BUT do not be suprised if Blackman can jump on top early and get a good lead and keep it... They do have speed... and lots of it.

BA 24-14

Guest Oakland

agree that ba has live game experience, but oakland does have the defense to at least shut down ba to a degree, more to come when i give a full scouting report of oakland tommorrow.