Central vs William Blount

GovMan

Well, I know the big game for Central is Maryville this year and that they are not really that concerned about the other team from Blount County they play this Friday night, but I'm looking forward to being there at Governor stadium Friday night.

On paper I realize it's not much of a match-up. Central is better than WB everywhere. I just hope William Blount can survive the game and not get anybody injured. It'll probably be a great chance for Coach Helton to get some experience for his 2nd and 3rd stringers.

It's just so hard to know much about the WB team. They've only had one scrimmage. They've got a new head coach .. a new offensive scheme.

Oh well, I don't guess we have any choice but to show up and play. We'll see how it turns out.

Good luck Central. How 'bout taking it easy on the Govs ... ok?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wbhs will suprise a lot of people out there. our scheme works well against the defensive package that central has. we also have just as good of athletes as they do.

RebelRon,

I don't get it ... in your post when you refer to "our scheme" are you referring to the Govs? Or to the Rebs?

You're a mystery to me. You're not a former Reb who's lending a hand to the Governor cause now are you?

rebelron is my uncle and we will be a very good football team this year and will suprise a lot of people in blount county including some old friends of mine

No longer confused. I haven't had a chance to really meet you, but I've heard some great things about you. GQ is a pretty good friend and he had some very complimentary things to say about you.

I'm not sure if you know who I am, but I'll introduce myself Friday night. There's no bigger Gov fan. I was hoping to get some reaction from the Central fans with my post.

I really don't think people realize what all the Govs do have ... and who knows, that might work to our advantage.

See you Friday ... get 'em ready.

First of all the Bobcats at Central are steaming mad over not scoring 25 more points on Greeneville last Thursday.

They have so much team speed that teams will be unsure where the guy came from. Like in the past Central teams have had team speed, but the only difference is this year that they have it everywhere. I would say that their slowest skill player is only 210 and 6'1" and he is the running back (Cassen Jackson). The comparison to this year and last years team is they have comparable backups (with speed) Who knows though, William Blount may sneak up on them. If you look at most of the teams in the championship game, they usually have team speed. Oh well that is why the game is played.

REGION 3-4A "THE BADDEST REGION IN THE STATE"

My nephew knows what he is talking about.

I watched the Governors practice. They have some size and speed. The only thing is WB only has 50 players. Depth will hurt them against Maryville.

Central will win because they are the greatest. Central is the 2003 state champs. Didn't you know that Govman? Billygoat and his other buddies will tell you how great Central is.

I hope the Govs win friday night.

Edited by REBELRON

Don't underestimate WB. They have alot of talent, and it is always a tough game for Central. But if you think that the Bobkitties are overlooking WB, I think you are sadly mistaken. If you will remember, last year is the first time that Central has beaten WB. They have been playing since 1999, and are 1-3. They even lost to WB the year that they went to the championship in 1999. THis will be a great game.