Maryville/Alcoa GAME

Guest NineInchNails

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Through all of that endless garbage and insult trading on the other Maryville/Alcoa board that mercifully got locked, did we ever get to actual game predictions?

I feel that Maryville's overall depth will wear down Alcoa in the second half (which was part of the problem with a very good Carter team, and to just about every other team the Rebels have played in the last couple of years). Many of Alcoa's players have to play both sides of the ball. How can they be expected to keep up the pace the entire game in the 90 degree heat, and after being pounded every play? The return of McCord adds another dimension to the running game; and what I'm sure was a great week of practice for the 2 qb's should polish up the offense some. Not good news for Alcoa. I see good things for Alcoa's young team in their own Region this year - and certainly next year - but not in this one.

Maryville - 38

Alcoa - 10

And please folks, let this thread stick to the game.

This one is not even gonna be close. Alcoa is well coached, but I think they are just too young. I think that they will be a great 2A team in a year or two. On the other hand, Maryville didn't do bad against Carter, but they didn't overwhelm them either. Maryville's young line will dominate this game, and give them some confidence. Maryville has been in this situation before with a so called "re-building" year (2000). Every game they will get better.

Maryville 42 - Alcoa 7

I agree that depth will be a key issue especially if the game is close at first. I was at Alcoa's game last week and guys were asking to come out for a break in the first half. And in all fairness that is what you have when you have a 4A team that may soon be 5A playing a 2A team that probably could drop to 1A if they wanted to. Alcoa won't come out and lay down though and Maryville had better be aware of that fact. I know a lot of the Alcoa kids and they will play hard the whole game.

Me thinks 5A would be easier for Maryville in East TN. But I heard Alcoa is young and this will be a problem for them. I do not think Alcoa is much younger than MHS is. The QB's all have the same starting experience. Thompson 1 good year and Feigler has one of his own. Rouse has never been the starting QB and is a senior. RB, advantage MHS due to depth and experience, at maybe 60%. O lines are both well coached and young. Recievers pretty even in experience and depth, in my view. Big advantage is the D. The weakest point of the Maryville D is the LB's. They are young in experience and only one seems to have a "Nose for the Ball"! Coach G should look to his bench for depth and keep his starters fresh. Maryville will swarm to the ball and the score for Alcoa will be low. MHS 42 Alcoa 10. See you there.

The thing about Maryville is that everyone thinks they are going to win before they ever walk on the field. That is why everyone loves to play them. Eventually someone is gonna step up and show them that they don't win just because they are Maryville. i say why cant that be friday August 29, 2003 at Goddard Field in Alcoa. and i will see everyone there.