Perry County's chances?

Guest viking_te

Guest viking_te

I played for 2 different coaches in 2 years there, Danny aldridge, and David Wampler. Danny was a preacher, and one heck of a nice man. David was more gruff, more a football GENIUS. I have tons of respect for Coach Danny but he wasn't put on this earth to be a football coach. David was kind of unjustly fired (let go) but I personally feel that Coach Wampler was the best coach we have had.

The new coach from Waynesboro that we hired has done some wierd things. He has made the team more of a runnign team, (that is ok) but he has lost ALL of the toughness and rowdiness that WAS PERRY CO. football.

I was a member of the only two successful teams PC football has produced in the 6 year history. We may not have had the best uniforms or the flashiest palyers, but we did play intense football. I know lots of others miss that, I love to see a linebacker meet a fullback in the backfield and lay on oooh-lick on him (football term) . I personally don't feel that we have that any more.

No disrespect to the coach rice (Rick Rice) he is a GREAT GUY, but I just miss the intensity.......please share your comments ....if you are a fan or especially a former player or a coach....remeber the 2000 or 2001 Vikings...can you see a difference now????

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest viking_te

Also we have had some GREAT , GREAT assistant Coaches, the best in my opinion would be Mr. Terry Clemet, who is now the OC for Lexington and doing a great job.

He had a close relationship with ALL the players, he was the kind of guy that you WANTED to play for.

Another Coach we miss is Barry Eddings, he was also the best baseball coach we Ever had, not to mention Ethan King, who at the time was fairly young, but he knew what football was about.

I am not suggesting that our new coaches, Rick Rice (head coach) and assistant Bronson Bradley (both hail from WAYNESBORO) are bad coaches, I believe coach rice was acoach of the year in waynesboro, and he is a super guy.....BUT...the main thing to me, the fans, and former players and coaches is the win loss column.

Coach Rice took Lewis co., and other good teams like Bruceton, off the schedule to win a couple more games. I loved going to the hohenwald game..what a rivalry, they always beat us, but we were doing better. I just wish we had the old flare that our older teams had. THIS IS OUR SCHEDULE..WE BEAT THE FIRST 2 TEAMS WE HAVE PLAYED, but I think that their dual enrollment is not as big as perry county's....what does that tell you....Division I Class 1A Football

Schedule for Perry Co. High School

Date Time Opponent Location Comment

08/22/2003 (Fri) 7:30 Greenfield High School Home WIN

08/29/2003 (Fri) 7:30 Cornersville High School Away WIN

09/05/2003 (Fri) 7:30 University School of Jackson * Away

09/12/2003 (Fri) 7:30 Gleason High School Away

09/19/2003 (Fri) 7:30 Trinity Christian Academy * Home

09/26/2003 (Fri) 7:30 West Carroll High School Home

10/03/2003 (Fri) 7:30 Middleton High School * Home Homecoming

10/17/2003 (Fri) 7:30 Jackson Christian School * Away

10/24/2003 (Fri) 7:30 Adamsville High School Away

10/31/2003 (Fri) 7:30 Fayette Academy * Home Senior Night

Edited by viking_te

who is this vivking_te u dumb u no nothing about what is going on in program this year and u think rice has taking all the toughfness out of the team ur rong there agin if we could we would run the trap and counters play every down and perry countys chances are good this year i say season record 8-2 was there ever a shout out when u played no did u ever win the first to games of the season no so dont run ur moutm about us

coach rice is a hardnose football coach. i have watched his teams for years and i know that if perry co is not as tuff this year as in past years it is not bacause of the coach. i guarantee you that he can get more out of his players than any other coach yall will play for or against in perry co! good luck coach rice.

I don't know anything about the detailed aspects of what is being referred to here. But I do know this... Coach Rice or the school A.D. (Whoever makes the schedule) is doing what is best for the program.

Perry County is much better served playing teams that they can compete against week in and week out. While I always enjoyed the Lewis County/Perry County series, right now, it is a mismatch that isn't good for either program. If the Vikings continue to schedule equal opponents, they have a great chance to create a winning program and that will escalate into tradition, much like the storied basketball programs at PCHS. Then, and only then, would it be feasible to play against teams in higher classifications and Single A powerhouses.

Guest viking_te

I am not trying to start anything, but lets look at the 00' season

Coaches, Danny aldridge, Terry Clemet, Barry Laster, BArry Eddings.

Overall record- 6-4 , played all the good jackson teams, hohenwald, ect

Starters:

QB: Bryan cagle

RB:Craig Mercer

FB: Jeremy Breaud "bro"

WR's: Pat Carrol (all-state nominee), Jay hill, Brent Jones, Bradley Digue

TE's: John Marrs, Tim Armstrong

OL: Justin " Twinkie" Marshall (6'3, 245), Wesley Hedgepath (6'0, 265) (bench 330), Mitchell Lawrence ( 6'2, 255), ect

DE:John Marrs, Hedge, Armstrong

DT: Hedge, Twink. Blakemore, Kenny Trull

OLB's: ryan hensley, lynn trull, WES WATERS

ILB: BREUAD, TWINK

DB: jay hill, pat carrol, cagle, , brent jones

Guest viking_te

the 00' and 01' teams were PLAYOFF TEAMS!!! We had to win games against tough opponents....there starters, they went 6-5

Wampler also didn't tolerate players dressing badly, bad behavior, things that Rice employ's. I know for a fact that a player on the team, got a ticket from the police for a smoking citation....Wampler would have cut him that second.

When we played we had to have a neat haircut, no facial hair, eat together at lunch, film sessions, we practiced from about 1:30pm to almost 8PM sometimes, we used a practice field, so we didn't cost the county outrageous FIELD RECONSTRUCTION fees

QB: Shannon Rainey

RB: Craig Mercer,

FB: Hedgepath ( if you played for or against PC, you know hedge, he has broken more bones for other players that rice's teams will have tackles.

WR: Jay hill, Pat carroll, Tim Armstrong, shannon rainey,

TE: Tim armstrong

OL: Jonathan hickerson, KENNY TRULL, WES WATERS, JACOB DUNCAN, HEDGE (sometimes)

DE: Tim armstrong, Hedge

DT: Kenny Trull, Hedge, Duncan

OLB: Waters, Lynn Trull. Hensley

ILB: Jones, waters, trull. hensley, RAINEY

DB"S: Carroll, rainey, hill, jones

Guest viking_te

I was a viking, and maybe again I will be proud to say I am a viking..someday.

I hear that the high school is going to have a "Alumni Game" I can't wait, from what I hear it may be an all out- backyard football game with tackles. I have also heard that it will just be flag.

Lets get some things straight,

1. I have nothing against most of the players of PC, I hope ya'll win every game and go to college on athletic scholarships.

2. my beef is with the coaches and the Superintendant rhodes. 3. Wampler and coach CALVIN ALDRIDGE whom I forgot had this theory, "play better teams and get better" good example....MTSU plays UT, BAMA, Georgia, these teams will probably KILL MTSU, BUT!!!!! playing these games will make the players better and increase ticket sales, PC doesn't have an AD, never will; can't afford to pay one.

3. When I was in school, I didn't get along with coach Barry Laster, he wouldn't deal with insubordination, cussing or anything HE WAS THE BOSS, as a teenager I hated that, but it was what I and everyone else needed, Laster is the ONLY coach to be in PC since the start, I think that he should get a shot at being the head coach, he is a good family man, and a knowledgeable coach, (if he knew who was saying this he would prolly faint)

4. Hohenwald, schools like this that we have taken off our schedule, play tough teams all year, then they do good in the post season cause they are used to it, PC ; I guess won't be ready, TEAMS should always want to get better.

I am in college, finishing up I like about 2 yrs from graduating, I have been promised jobs by...you could say old friends, I know what I am talking about, If I was coaching against PC, I would run it up the gut till I was stopped, and I would Blitz that QB till his head spun throw alot of different looks at them, PC only paractices for about 2hrs, everyday, that can't prepare for much...All coaches look at the film, the line is weak, (missing a key senior, who WON'T play for the coaches) the QB is a good kid , fast, Good arm, no discipline, bad decisions. WR's can't catch, Rb's hit them once and they are rattled...I will provide more keys to victory as the year goes by.......tilll I type again