THE BEST PLAYERS IN GIRLS TN SOCCER

FHSslebers123123

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to take away anything from the individual players on the Ooltewah team, but when they played Baylor, it was 8 - 0 and Weekly pulled out his main scorers for almost half the game. It could have easily been 12 - 0 but Weekly wouldn't do that. There just weren't any individuals that stood out on the Ooltewah team when they played a good team.

My opinion of the best players in TN (in no order):

1) Sarah Dennis

2) Chrissy Strini

3) Kaley Forrest

4) Ashley Murphy

5) Kristen Garman

6) Molly Turner

7)Monica Dunham

8)Grace Lawson

9) Caitlin Cook

10) Jessica Creech

11)Stephanie Stallo-GK

12) Kelly Dyer-GK

Any opinions?

Edited by doctn

not to take anythign away from baylor because they are the best team in the state i feel... BUT they played an Ooltewah team lacking 2 of its best players and therefore playing playersout of position .... Holly Hullender was suspended for that game as did Sarah Carrico, because of Injury... those are 2 huge players for Ootlewah... Missy Howell was forced to play sweeper, which in turn left the midfield for Ooltewah to be manned by 2 JV players... and i think we all knwo that doesn't work against any good team, especially Baylor. and to tell the truth while missy is a solid defender you caould say that defense is not her forte., also missing from the team that gaem was Brooke Rogers who had been starting at one of the marking back positions until she injured her knee agaisnt Red Bank... Definitely not saying that Ooltewah would ahve won teh game, had all their girls been healthy/present/ in position, but i guaratee it would have made a BIG difference... when you are missing 3 starters moving others to defense who normally control the possession, and then only having a maximum of 2 girls, often facing 6 defenders (because the coach refused to allow the midfield to move on the offensive) by themselves then you have the formula for a beat down... sorry but i still feel your talk of 12-0/8-0 is purely circumstantial

well jesse also didn't ahve anyone to help her out that game... with hullender in and the coaches more confident in allowing the midfield to move forward with carrico at sweeper then it changes Ooltewahs whole style of play... there were times when the Owls offense consisted of Jesse and Creech against 6 defenders with absolutely no support from the rest of the team... there were literally 8 players back around Ooltewahs half line and in their own end while Jesse or Creech had possession of the ball in the corner looking for someone to cross to....