Cloudland Dawg Pound Silenced Again?

67CamaroGirl

Whew, was begining to worry, camarogirl; felt somewhat forgotton.  :D 

krp, I really don't think South Pitt will beat Cloudland this year; but if they do, then maybe, just MAYBE you'll lose your Cloudland-envy. 

And for what it's worth we get to go see the Dawg Pound every other year; nicest bunch of fans I've ever met.  But by the way, I know several Roan Mountaineers, and I can assure you that none of them ever drink alcoholic beverages.  NEVER!!!  :) 

It's a little sad, however, or actually almost depressing to watch you live out your Highlander nightmare online.  It really isn't healthy to obsess like that. 

But thanks for the geography lesson.

Why would anyone envy Cloudland? What have they ever won that counted? You sound like a lot of other Cloundlanders. You make smart a** remarks to try and cover the fact that ya'll can't buy a game west of Chattanooga and all the bragging you do year after year falls apart as soon as yall leave and play a real team. As for the dawg pound I saw what they were at the Boyd game last year by the 4th quarter they were cussing thir own team more for getting beat so bad than they were Boyd. The championship game will never be played on Cloudlands field, therefore Cloudland will never be state champion. SP don't have to worry about that they have allready won it 3 times.

Edited by krp

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I hate yo break it 2 u, but South Pitt and Gordonsville was the best public schools last year. Do u know y Cloudland was the last public school left last year? Becasue they didnt face a private school to round 4. Face it u play the weakest scheldule in 1a football for such a MECCA of a program. South Pitt fans show real class and I have alot of respect for such a fine school. Heck even some of there fans were at THE JUNGLE when we played Boyd in the 3rd round to cheer for us. Yes Cloudland has a great tradition and has been a great 1a school for a long time but I would have to say South Pitt has the best program. Im a big Gordonsville fan, but I feel South Pitt has the best team this year. GL to both teams the rest of the season.

Why would anyone envy Cloudland? What have they ever won that counted? You sound like a lot of other Cloundlanders. You make smart a** remarks.

Only thing I can actually remember Cloudland doing is beating South Pittsburgggg by six touchdowns in the semi-final game of 2001.

And again, krp, I'm not a Cloudland fan....they beat up on my poor little sons who play for MIGHTY UNAKA every year.

But it is indeed pitiful to watch as you get on every thread that has anything at all to do with Cloudland. You usually go way off the subject just to put them down. It's embarrassing, or actually somewhat nauseating. Would just like to see you grow up, that's all.

Gee, and all I wanted was a cold hotdog and warm coke. :):):rolleyes:

To krp and spmom:

As one of the founding members of the DAWG POUND, I would just like to say that we have never cussed another player or have we ever said anything while a player is down on the field. I know people who do say things and we know thats not right. Now for your remarks of not having enough room for visitors bleechers, all I have to say is cant you stand the heat? If it would be more of a comfort for you bring a blanket and we'll loan you a piece of the hill. The last thing that I need to address is South Pitt may be on the hill, but Cloudland will always be kings of the mountain! Remember 4th round of 2001. Does that ring a bell?

Edited by fightingirish

To krp and spmom:

As one of the founding members of the DAWG POUND, I would just like to say that we have never cussed another player or have we ever said anything while a player is down on the field. I know people who do say things and we know thats not right. Now for your remarks of not having enough room for visitors bleechers, all I have to say is cant you stand the heat? If it would be more of a comfort for you bring a blanket and we'll loan you a piece of the hill. The last thing that I need to address is South Pitt may be on the hill, but Cloudland will always be kings of the mountain! Remember 4th round of 2001. Does that ring a bell?

What really rings a bell is 5th round 2001 when I sat and watched Ezell run over Cloudland a lot worse than they ran over SP the 4th round. In fact I don't see how Cloudland can brag about anything after taking a beating like that in a championship game and then the very next year get run over again without making it to the big game. SP will have another state trophy long before Cloudland ever has the first one

Its not worth fighting about. The truth of the matter is ,all of the better public schools are getting took behind the shed when they face the better private schools. It could change this season, who knows, but until then ,it looks like four or five of them, are better than any of the publics.

Its not worth fighting about. The truth of the matter is ,all of the better public schools are getting took behind the shed when they face the better private schools. It could change this season, who knows, but until then ,it looks like four or five of them, are better than any of the publics.

All this fussing is just for fun. Cloudland is an excellent team and so are several others. As for the privates, you are absolutely right.

You can bet that CAK will be good down the road. Just talk to the coaching staff at Knox. Farragut. They are taking players from that system as of now. This past baseball season they had several kids who had played up throught the ranks with those players from Farragut. We here talk of Ezell, USJ, Jackson Christian and others but schools such as CAK and University High fall into this same category. When you can draw kids from outside your school district how can you help but have a good team. Small schools such as Cloudland, Unaka, Greenback etc. are very small communities and can draw only a certain number of kids. I got a good ideal of how CAK worked in baseball during their sub-state game with Unaka this past season. Many kids that played on that team could or should having been playing at Knox. Farragut. Bottom line. Until 2006 rolls around, Class A public schools are at a major disadvantage to win a state title. But as for Cloudland, fans better enjoy Byrd and company this season. Those shoes will never be filled regardless of what Highlanders fans might think.

Gee, and all I wanted was a cold hotdog and warm coke.  ;)  ;)  ;)

Since my subject has already strayed 12 miles from where it began I''ll just take this opportunity to say thanks to krich for sticking up for us even though his blood is far from being blue and gold. It is nice to have support from within the county. Hope you know that we do return the favor. In case you didn't know our JV's are coming to visit you tonight. Maybe you won't have to wait until October for your cold hotdog and warm coke after all.

Oh yeah and enough with the my team is better than your team crap already. Let's not start counting any chickens before they hatch, there is still lots of football to be played.

camaro,

Darnit!!! And I was starving. :( Tell me, please tell me you weren't there.

This is my first time online today, and in fact I found out about the JV game just minutes before it started. Acie actually had me running the clock until his dad, Henry Wayne, bailed me out.

And you are so right; this did begin as something about the Dawg Pound, huh?

Guess my appetite simply got the best of me. :blink: