Kingston(2-0) @ Rockwood(2-0)

SHORT10

Rockwood and Kingston is usually all about bragging rights. This year is a different story. Both teams come in 2-0 with Rockwood beating Midway and Sweetwater, and Kingston beating Harriman and Gibbs. This will be a great game and it will come down to who wants it the most. Who do u think wants it????????????????

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kingston hasn't truly been tested yet. rockwood has. should be a good game. two solid teams going to battle in the tigers den. i'm a kingston fan, but don't have a good feeling about this one. i'm afraid that coach king's running the score up on harriman, and then gibbs, will eventually come back to haunt him. just hope it won't be friday night against rockwood. good luck to both teams!!

Been watching the Vols and putting Monday's paper together.

I think Kingston's versatility will make it difficult to crowd the line. The key will be whether or not Rockwood's secondary can stop Kingston's passing game.

For Rockwood on offense, do what you've been doing. Run well, few penalties and turnovers and keep down and distance in your favor.

Well this should be a great game. Rockwood handled Sweetwater. The score really doesn't tell the truth about the game. Many, many bad calls...but that was last week. Kingston is always tough. They haven't really played anyone, this is true, but they look to have a pretty good passing game. It will be an interesting match up. Although the game doesn't count in the standings, it will be a big pride game. Who will have bragging rights? We will see come friday night.

WaggleRT, I know you know who this is but, all these games count. If something were to happen and there were ties at the end of the season, it may come down to overall records. So these Midway, Kingston, etc. are also big games. But this week is even bigger because of the bragging rights. I think it is going to come down to Kingston's passing game and Rockwood's secondary. Rockwood has put alot of pressure on the QBs in the past so maybe that will help them. They have some good players on the D side and also on the O side. So its going to be Kingston's O vs. Rockwood's D. If Rockwood can stop or even slow them down they will win it. But if not then they got to throw the points on the board w/ Kingston. I look for Rockwood to come out firing and they will win because of there D. Now dont count there O out because they have some big players that can burst into the endzone quick. Well lets go gettem tigers.

Dont' see too many kingston users on here. Hmm..maybe they like to keep the element of surprise.

Anyway, let's take a look at it.

Kingston (2-0)- vs. Harriman: Um..well that was a joke.

vs. Gibbs : A sound football team, but seems to be struggling in 3A.

So, Kingston hasn't really played anyone this year...yet.

Don't get me wrong, perennially kingston has a good to moderate team and always comes out swinging against the Tigers but do they have the will to take this one from em?

Rockwood (2-0)- vs. Midway: a good 1A football team. lack of depth hurt them in the late game w/ the tigers. Usually play Rwood close, not so this year.

vs. Sweetwater: Good 2A football team. Really important game for both teams. Rwood wanted it more. Gave both teams a big game experience and gave Rwood that confidence boost they need to stay on top.

Will the Tigers be able to keep playing like they have or will this sucess go to their heads? I can't wait until Friday Night to find out.

kingstons vic king has been doing the same stuff on offense since 1986! Counter, inside trap, quick pitch, throw the fly down the sideline. When you get all this stopped he will run a hook pitch with his tail hanging in the end zone. He will throw the half back pass at any time also. His offense is very vanilla, but it gets the job done. You have to watch also, he'll go for 2 when he has you down by 50.

I saw them play last year and this. I thank they were better last (Driggers has the heart of a warrior). If Rockwoods line can control the los they will have a good chance at beating Roane County High.

I've alway had a soft spot for the underdog. Go Tigers!

Coach King did not "run up the score."

A coach does not tell 16 and 17 year old kids to take a knee in the first half.

When the freshman offense takes the ball down the field and scores that is good football not bad coaching. Coach Billy Linville was calling the plays not Coach King. Those were his boys. And they looked good.

He went for two with the freshman. They made it. To rub it in against Gibbs would have been to send in the first string kicking team and let Drew Mc add the point.

I saw the Rockwood-Midway game. The fans will see a good game this week.

Go Kingston Yellow Jackets.

Let's get it on! :rolleyes:

Skipper66,

Your right, if your third string is scoring there is nothing you can do. And you cant just tell them to lay down cause it will not happen. But, I dont think you have to worry about running the score up this week because, Rockwood is a better team than Harriman and Gibbs. And I think it will be a great game.

as much as i hate to admit it queenston will beat rotwood 35-14. the jackets are by far best team harriman has played. the tiggers just arent strong enough to hanlde queenston. prior is good but he cant do it all. if we can beat oliver stinks and rotwood we can say we are #2 in roane county. the season is still young and we ready. we ready. we ready.