Kingston(2-0) @ Rockwood(2-0)

SHORT10

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I look for this to be a pretty good game. Kingston is a 3A school, therefore they should beat Rockwood. Bigger School should always beat the smaller school. People around Kingston have said that this year's offense is high powered. Maybe it is, Maybe it isn't. They have put up 50+ points...but against who? Rockwood hasn't beat Kingston since 1997. Will they be able to overcome the psychological aspect of this game? They seemed to do it versus Sweetwater last week. Can they do it again? This will decide for Rockwood whether they will continue their rise to greatness. For Kingston, this is a big county rival, but it really won't effect their season, unless they lose. Friday night at Rockwood...7:30. Look for a great game to be played!!!

If I'm a Roane County football fan, I wouldn't miss this game between to very good football teams. Expect a lot of big plays from each offense, defense and special teams. From what I have heard, seen and know about each team, I would expect Kingston to be a little stronger on offense (more balance) and Rockwood's defense a little stingier, but in close games the kicking game always plays a huge part. Kingston has a great advantage there and that should pull them through for a 21-14 win.

Biggamer,

Hey, you have ran your mouth in every Roane County post there has been. Talkin all that crap but, you forgot one thing, you have not been able to back it up in 2 1/2 yrs. And about this Rotwood thing you like saying, the only thing rotting is harriman's football team. They have a great coach and some great players, but people like you are slowing them down. Well about the game, im going with the tigers. Go gettem boys.

All this mess about how Kingston will not beat Rockwood is maddness. I know that you all say that they have played no one and that they ran up the score well that is crap to. They not only put 50+ on gibbs but held there offense to only 2 first downs I would like to see Rockwood do that. They are to good for Rockwood. I will tell you why!! Kinston has the deepest backfield in Roane County the best reciving core and the best linemen!! Even if Rockwood somehow stops the pass then you must deal with Miller Mounsey Johnson and Moorefield. Yea right!! You can't stop both. Now then on defense they are unscored upon Is Rockwood?? They have two great linebackers Johnson and Johnson. They are new and very skilled. Kingston showed what a great secondary they have against Gibbs with 5 picks. And you can't say that Kingston gets no preasure on the QB because how many sacks do they have a game??? ALOT Now then about the running up the score. That is crazy from the 2 quarter on the defense was subing in and out. It was not Vic's intention to run the score up on anyone they are just that good. The JV scored almost as much as the Varsity did because they are just that deep and that good. What does anyone think?

:huh: I agree with Skipper66 on his 1st reply even if you stop the receivers the backs are to skilled and deep in position. Rockwood maybe able to put the locks on 1 running back but try to stop a whole backfield. And believe me when I say that Kingston doen't have a big head Gibbs was last week . Harriman the week before that. This week it is Rockwood And We are bringing the A+ game down there . So get ready to be stung

Well... I don't doubt Kingston's Offense for a minute, but what I also don't doubt is Rockwoods Defense. Last week they stopped Dustin Latham...who is one of the best backs in all of 2aa. He ran for over 3000 yards last year. He goes about 235 and is quick. He also was limited and did not score against Rockwood. Regardless of what happened last week, it will come down to Friday. This should be a great game. Look for a hard nosed, head knocker of a game! Good luck to both teams!