Riverdale VS. Lincoln County

FairInMyFavor

This is going to be a big time football game. If Riverdale wins it will be an upset but you can expect the warriors to leave it all on the field.

Lincoln county is a big, strong football team with lots of experience. Riverdale is a deep, fast football team that is short on experience.

I still haven't made a pick on this game.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm picking Lincoln Co in a good tough football game. Riverdale's little streak comes to an end Friday night. I'm not sure that the Warriors have enough offense to beat the Falcons. Granted they have a lot of weapons but not the game breakers. The inexperence on the line I feel will show through. Rankin however will not let this one get out of hand. It'll be close.

come on boro guys!!!!! its time to stand up for riverdale, lc thinks they can whoop riverdale without a fight, which i think is a direct insult to boro football itself. i see riverdale winning this one goin away, and it will be a break out game for dave thomas as people will finally start to realize that thomas is a good as lincoln county's so called god, edminston, riverdale sees this as a game that is threatening their manhood and supremacy on top of 5a football, and franklin i dont see it ending, at least not on friday night. GO WARRIORS!!!!!!!!

You know, I think that's it's humorous to read this stuff, the majority of the people putting stuff on here about how bad L.C. is going to beat Riverdale are people that are not even L.C. fans, I think that most are just trying to stir it up, and boy by reading some of the posts you would think that someone said something about their mother. I can guarantee you L.C. has the utmost respect for Riverdale and coach Rankin. We know that we will not roll into town and run all over Riverdale. We will have to play the best game we've played all year to have a chance to win, and if we turn the ball over like we did in the playoffs last year it will be a long night.

These two teams very well may meet again later on down the road. I don't think that's it's quite time to circle the wagons in Murfreesboro yet, after all, I think that are three other football teams in town that have their own agenda to worry about.

lol ;)

come on boro guys!!!!! its time to stand up for riverdale, lc thinks they can whoop riverdale without a fight, which i think is a direct insult to boro football itself. i see riverdale winning this one goin away, and it will be a break out game for dave thomas as people will finally start to realize that thomas is a good as lincoln county's so called god, edminston, riverdale sees this as a game that is threatening their manhood and supremacy on top of 5a football, and franklin i dont see it ending, at least not on friday night. GO WARRIORS!!!!!!!!

No one ever said Edmiston was a God he is a good QB though! This is not a direct assault on the boro just Riverdale! Lincoln County plays several boro teams let's just wait until the end of the year and see what LC's record is agianst the boro in whole is--hey they already have 1 win agianst the boro(LC51-Blackman0)

I like what statman said about people stirring it up he is right on it!BUT hey thats the fun isn't it!

HERE is a littl stat for everyone: Lincoln Co and Riverdale have met on the field 24 times LC has won 11 times and Riverdale 13 times.LC has won 1 bowl game over Riverdale21-o in 1980,LC beat Riverdale 20-7 in the State Championship in 1993,LC has lost to Riverdale 3 times in the Playoffs.

Point being these teams are very even and they know each other very well it will be a great game BUT I don't think either team expects an easy time of it!

Riverdale's record over the past few years is something like 150 - 15. How in the world could any rational person not respect that? Lincoln County is a MUCH smaller school (fewer) athletes, so they probably can't be expected to compete with Riverdale or any other Boro team year in and year out. Lincoln County has about 1100 students. Riverdale has close to 2000. However, this year the Falcons may be able to compete. That's what has the Falcon faithful all excited. Coach Thompson and Coach Rankin are good friends. Each have much respect for the othe, and rightfully so. Look for a good game.

Riverdale's record over the past few years is something like 150 - 15. How in the world could any rational person not respect that? Lincoln County is a MUCH smaller school (fewer) athletes, so they probably can't be expected to compete with Riverdale or any other Boro team year in and year out. Lincoln County has about 1100 students. Riverdale has close to 2000. However, this year the Falcons may be able to compete. That's what has the Falcon faithful all excited. Coach Thompson and Coach Rankin are good friends. Each have much respect for the othe, and rightfully so. Look for a good game.

ouch that hurts!! Let's see falcons vs Oakland record Lc 15 wins Oak 12wins.

LC vs Riverdale LC 11 wins Riverdale 13 wins/ LC vs Blackman LC 1 win Blackman 2 wins let's se totals LC27 wins the boro 29 wins!

It looks like to me LINCOLN COUNTY always competes with the boro! not just lately! I have the history of all LCHS games in front of me. So don't say they don't compete!

One last stat---STATE CHAMPIONSHIP WINS LINCOLN CO 3 Riverdale 3

Looks pretty even --Before you say it I know Riverdale has been to the state like 7 times but it is how many times you win!

Does Lincoln County have a web site with rosters, stats, etc..?

Researching this game and trying to pick a winner is a chore. That probably means that this is going to be a war and could go either way.

If I was just picking for fun I'd pick Riverdale 66-0....but.... with all the added pressure of the "Region 4 pick-em contest" I have to reallly do my homework and come up with the winner. :rolleyes:

This is another game that I wish was being played a few weeks later. There just has not been enough football played yet to draw a lot of conclusions. After 2 games:

~ LC is scoring about 44.5 points per game and giving up 16.5. Margin of victory =28.

~ Riverdale is scoring 37.5 points per game and giving up 5. Margin of victory = 32.5.

Both teams have played one quality opponent and both of those games left as many questions as answers:

~ Lincoln county eeked out a five point win, in the pit, in some really bizarre circumstances while giving up over 30 points.

~ Riverdale mounted only one substained offensive drive in beating Smyrna at Tomahawk.

Of LC's and Riverdale's opponents, Smyrna's win over Hendersonville is probably the marquee win.

I have not seen LC play this year and rely on what I've read on message boards for information--definitely a bad idea. I did see them twice last year and expect an very talented and disciplined team to show up on Friday.

I have seen Riverdale play twice, and scrimmage MBA. They can score from anywhere on the field, hit hard, hustle, have lots of players participating, but lack bulk and experience.

Intangibles are pretty much a wash. It's a non-region game and will likely get replayed with higher stakes later. Do both teams go to the wall with big region games next week?

Dang hard game to pick. Gonna be a fun week.

Edited by TDCman

Stumpman, I was speaking of Lincoln County's competing from about 3 years ago and going forward. The Boro is growing so fast lots of athletes are coming up. Boro schools are bigger than Lincoln County, which is a smaller county school with not much growth. Brentwood, and all of Williamson County, is growing much faster than Lincoln County. Falcons better enjoy success while they can. Numbers of athletes will take its toll.

Guest region4fan

I sure wish that this game would be on the Comcast station!! I would have expected it would have been over them vs Smyrna. I guess I will have to rely on the folks on here to fill me in on all the details.

I was just wondering why the Locke kid's brother is at Blackman instead of at Riverdale???

Stumpman, I was speaking of Lincoln County's competing from about 3 years ago and going forward. The Boro is growing so fast lots of athletes are coming up. Boro schools are bigger than Lincoln County, which is a smaller county school with not much growth. Brentwood, and all of Williamson County, is growing much faster than Lincoln County. Falcons better enjoy success while they can. Numbers of athletes will take its toll.

very true but with the boro growing and the williamson co area growing that means more schools and that dilutes each schools talent in that area Lincoln Co only has one high school so talent doesn't get diluted BUT talent does have to be there!

And of course if other schools continue to get bigger and LC gets smaller they may be forced to go down a division.I don't see that happening and I would not want to see it happen but it could.

Does Lincoln County have a web site with rosters, stats, etc..?

Researching this game and trying to pick a winner is a chore. That probably means that this is going to be a war and could go either way.

If I was just picking for fun I'd pick Riverdale 66-0....but.... with all the added pressure of the "Region 4 pick-em contest" I have to reallly do my homework and come up with the winner. :lol:

This is another game that I wish was being played a few weeks later. There just has not been enough football played yet to draw a lot of conclusions. After 2 games:

~ LC is scoring about 44.5 points per game and giving up 16.5. Margin of victory =28.

~ Riverdale is scoring 37.5 points per game and giving up 5. Margin of victory = 32.5.

Both teams have played one quality opponent and both of those games left as many questions as answers:

~ Lincoln county eeked out a five point win, in the pit, in some really bizarre circumstances while giving up over 30 points.

~ Riverdale mounted only one substained offensive drive in beating Smyrna at Tomahawk.

Of LC's and Riverdale's opponents, Smyrna's win over Hendersonville is probably the marquee win.

I have not seen LC play this year and rely on what I've read on message boards for information--definitely a bad idea. I did see them twice last year and expect an very talented and disciplined team to show up on Friday.

I have seen Riverdale play twice, and scrimmage MBA. They can score from anywhere on the field, hit hard, hustle, have lots of players participating, but lack bulk and experience.

Intangibles are pretty much a wash. It's a non-region game and will likely get replayed with higher stakes later. Do both teams go to the wall with big region games next week?

Dang hard game to pick. Gonna be a fun week.

TDCman, excellent post. What better match up could anyone ask for in a high school football game? There shouldn't be an empty seat in the house.

i dont care how fast they are growing....lincoln county will always be able to compete with the boro. we always have and always will. who dropped number ranked riverdale last year???oh thats right.......i forgot. so we will be able to enjoy our success for a long time...