MBA @ BGA

BigOrange 3

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, BGA has a shot in this game based on the fact that the 'Cats beat MBA last year. But just remember that it was MBA's second game under a new head coach. They had just come off a huge and exhausting OT win at DB... many factors led into that loss. I have a feeling it will be quite a different ballgame. MBA wins big, nearly a gurantee.

But hey, Oklahoma Christian would have a shot at the Oklahoma Sooners, too.

Look here Rebel, BGA is the "stupid underdog pick" (although now that Plaz and Willy have moved, I'm not sure what they will call thiers- if anyone finds out let me know so that I can change to the new "ZONE" naming) of this week.

BGA passed the crap out of the football against Webb and with the Ryan Karl special rushing attack, BGA presents a formidable challenge. It is posts like yours and the other 90% of people in the big ones that motivates underdog teams to rise up and win.

Oh! Wait! Can you M E M P H I S ??? They beat Mr. QB Manning and company at the Liberty Bowl in Memphis. Well, MBA is journeying into BGA's "Liberty Bowl."

I am saying "BOOK IT" for BGA because the underdog always wants it more, they always practice a little bit harder, because they want to be the ones to unseat the mighty national ranking and show the state what it means to play for BGA.

Whatever the case, REBEL27, education is first and foremost in the battle of the academies, in keeping with what high school athletics should be.

Period.

Edited by wildcatfan

CBHS has a very good team this year, i was not shocked to see that they beat BA, their defense is very strong, and will "shock" a lot more teams this year before it's said and done. i can easily see them playing at vanderbilt this november, anyone in DII AAA can beat anyone, it's just that strong.

I agree with BigRed3. I think CBHS is awfully good, as is BA; 9 fumbles had to have a negative impact on BA. If BA takes care of the ball, they can beat anyone, even MBA (although I will still pick MBA to be undefeated this year).

I think BGA compares competitively to Baylor and MUS, all 3 a step below MBA, BA, CBHS and McCallie

wildcatfan,

I don't know who will win the game, but I wouldn't count on MBA overlooking BGA this year. BigRed3 and the other Big Red players have a vivid memory of last year's game etched in their minds. The players and coaches will be totally focused on preparing for a quality BGA team this week.

I also agree with BR3 and chattcity about Christian Brothers. The win over BA was no fluke. The Purple Wave has a defense that is well coached and loaded with college prospects. They are very tough.

bga better have gotten better at passing. mba's defensive line was terrible last year when they played but at the end of the season it would have been a totally different game. mba has a really good defensive line this year, maybe not as good as cbhs but definately second best, it doesnt matter who you have running the ball. greg hinds from southaven was better than most backs in tn and he was shut down. any defense that can beat brian brohm is good, no matter who he as around him hes still amazing. i wanna see ba play bga. when ba stops beating themselves they will be competing in the clinic bowl. but yeah bga wont be able to stop mbas offense so they need to score a lot of points.

I think that MBA has one of the best defenses in the state, I would put them up there with almost anybody. Especially after the fact that they are much smaller than most of the teams they play. Southaven had an enormous team who played power football the whole game. I think if they can shut down Southaven and Hinds, Tritnity and Brom, then they could become a really special defense this year.