Mount Juliet v. Wilson Central

toejamwarrior

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been around Mt Juliet football since 1986 and they have not had the talent it takes to win in 5-A and haven't in a few years. Now they are in 4-A they still dont have the talent since the new school has depleted them terribly. And yes im a graduate of Mt Juliet so dont even go there about me not knowing anything about Mt. Juliet or any of that, because i still support them every Friday night win or lose.

Go Bears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MJ has traditionally been good in athletics. Girls basketball and baseball particularly. (not to mention the non-TSSAA state champion hockey team) Football has fallen on some tough times but I'm sure the Bears will find a way back to where they belong. To repsond to mtjulietguru, I see nothing wrong with Dan Winfree's tenure as head coach at MJ. His 1-9 season was thanks to the team being ripped apart a year after a state playoff birth. But as we all know, he's no longer at the helm and we aren't real sure where to go from here from a coaching standpoint. One thing is for sure, the atmosphere Friday night will certainly be one to look forward to and the records will be tossed out the window.

One question, what does the community have to do with the football team having the "want to win". Through these last two years of losing, our fans have been there to support the team, and still, we can't get back on the winning side. The fans pack the stadium every Friday, but the football team still can't put a W on the board. Even with the support of the fans, our team can't win.

mt.juliet needs a coach who knows the history and can build on it . i remember when the bears were a feared team and on friday night there wasn't a question about who was going to win but by how much. that time has passed now espescially with coach kirby quiting. he was the last of his kind he got the best out of his players and should have been head coach a long time ago. there have been several that could have taken over before it got to this point for instance why did the administration not hire wes elrod when they had the chance he was already on staff but for some stupid reason "dan the man" was hired he lucked up had a good season not due to his coaching but there was a pretty good staff there with more experience and hey there was some talent too. why would a school with the history they have hire someone with out head coaching experience?? and now crawford??? what was the name of the last team he rebuilt?? it will be a while before anyone fears the bear den again. they need a coach to which this is more than just a job you have to live and breath golden bear football. coach kirby we will miss u and thanks. u taught me a lot.