harriman vs. coalfield

Rook2

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i just wanted to see if everyone elses opinion is the same as mine

Harriman will not win but they might score if you boys don't step it up on D. If the Defense is good, the best your opponent can do is tie you at 00. Stop the option and that short out pass in the flat. Oh, yeah, the line better start blocking on the run, Good job on the pass though. You guys will be ok, just reach deep inside and pull out what you have to win, I've seen you do it since pee wee ball.

Coalfield 20

Harriman 6

I agree with CY Jacket. One of the areas Coalfield seems to be somewhat deficient in at least to this point is the rushing game/blocking. That was painfully apparent in the Oneida game last week as well as the Wartburg game the week before. The passing game has looked exceptionally well at times, but then a good football team can't throw it all the time. We need a better running game to set up the pass. If we had a running game, we could've run out some of the clock instead of passing on three straight downs while ahead of Oneida by a touchdown with a little over 5 minutes left to play last week. I think I still would've put the ball on the ground at least a couple of plays in that drive and ate some clock. That would've given the Indians much less time to drive for the tying or winning score like they came very close to doing.

And, CYJacket, I agree with the need to stop the short out pass. Our secondary play, especially at the corners, has got to improve also.

But, heck, I'm sure Coach Kreis and staff are seeing the same things everyone else is and are working on these needs.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think it's going to be easy to travel to Harriman and run (or pass!) all over the Blue Devils on their home turf. They're probably looking to get a win over a visiting single A squad. I don't think they'll get it, but I have a gut feeling they'll play a little better this week than what they've shown so far. Coach Tapp will get the ship righted before long.

---rSquared

Edited by rSquared

Well, if I were guessing I would say that Coalfield would be the best opportunity for harriman to make a statement. With Ivy still hurt, it will make it that much harder to do so. However, I do think it will be closer than expected. I also think Harriman will put points on the board for the first time this season. Still yet I say that Harriman comes up short. Harriman-6 Coalfield-22

ACCARP

On paper Coalfield should win by 2 touchdowns. I believe Harriman will score 2 or three touchdowns this week. However if Coalfield does not get a better defensive effort from some of its so called starters, they could get beat. Three or four of the Coalfield defensive players have looked scared of contact in the films that I have watched.

I know Coalfield coaches are looking at making some changes on defense and they have to get better play out of the line. Michael Paul Gilbert has to get more than 9 touches in a game. He is the most explosive player in Region 2A and go the distance any time he touches the football. Travis Tapp will have the harriman players fired up and ready. They have the athletes and speed to make things interesting. If I am Coach Kreis I challenge my team to get more physical on defense and challenge my linemen to fire off the ball and blow people back. The Jackets need a good showing from their running game, and the defense needs to buckle down and play some hard-hitting football. I look for Coalfield to start puttung some of the pieces together. Coalfield 42-7.

Well I think we're gonna be ready on Friday night. So far we've had a good week of practice, and I hope we can correct the mistakes that were made last game. But as a linebacker, I am challenging my d-line to play a good game, and keep that middle clogged up so the running game wont go very far at all. I am also challenging the o-line to block and give MPG a hole so he can make the big runs that we all know he is capable of. All i gotta say is Harriman is hungry right now, and we need to go out there Friday night and give it all we got.