Chatt. Central @ Ooltewah

purplepounderfootball

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's an objective viewpoint from someone who should know! Central has a lot more speed than the Owls but it won't be an automatic "W" for Central. If the Owls get their passing game on track, they may win the game, but if they (Owl's)let the (Central) TB and QB run all over the place like we did, Central will win by at least two TD's. Both of these boys are very good and are not easy to take down!

haha ok uncle ed you are one crazy man. have you forgotten all of those years when central was the laughing stock of chattanooga high school football? yall go and beat 2 really bad teams and then one decent east ridge team. and now you say ooltewah shouldnt even be considered in the same sentence as yall. you are a very ignorant man, as well as all those other central kids who just think they rule football and that their team is the only good team in the area. i hope we do win this game friday so yalls little season will go down the drain, and the bes team yall have had in a while still couldnt beat the owls. oh and if we played the same teams as yall have, we would be undefeated too, take schedule strength into consideration because ooltewah's is defenitely stronger.

Ooltewah has been to the playoffs more times than Central in recent years so you need to quit getting ahead of yourself there. also i was just correcting your incorrect previous statement... im sorry if you read it improperly... i mean you need to watch out for Ooltewahs players like Jason Bennett formerly known as "the leprechaun" who will from now on be known simply as Jason "tater salad" Bennett... thats right folks, youre facing "the tater".. so all im saying is that you need to back off these strong statements cause your defense isn't impervious(that means impenetrable, which means you CAN be scored on) and your offense is RUN ONLY, just like another overrated team (Auburn) that once thought they had an easy rout to a championship but aren't doing so well anymore b/c their quarterback cannot throw... owls by 12!

what's u guy's record, 1-1 or 1-2...u guys lost to red bank, not exactly a strong football team. we may not be the best team in chattanooga, but we are definitely better than you guys this year. we were probably better athletically than you guys last year, but you guys had seniors against our sophomores and juniors and just started using power against our speed. we weren't ready strength wise yet. now we have the speed and the strength. and we are a force in this area. obviously some people think of us as a very good team, we are #10 in the state in our division.

You guys say if Ootelwah had played the same teams Central played you would be undefeated, wrong. You have played those teams; Central beat Mcminn in a srimmage earlier this year, you got beat by Red Bank I mean come on, and you beat East Ridge less convensingly than Central did so you were saying what. There is no argument from either side, yet. In 24 hours we will find out who the winner is and still it will mean nothing region wise. Yes it will mean bragging rights and a few I told you so's and thats it untill next year. I have coached against Coach Gatewood before and I know he will have his team ready, he always does,but I know this Central team also and weather anyone wants to eccept it or not their pretty good and Coach Jones always has them ready to play as always. Those teams Central played the first two times, combined 4 first downs. Thats almost impossible no matter who you play. Both teams have a very good chance at winning and that is why it is going to be a great game.

I saw my pounders practice today, and you owls better look out. My boys are ready. We've been working at growing up for the last three years and you owls are nothing but a stepping stone in our path to bigger and better things. I just hope we don't beat you so bad we ruin the rest of your season. stats after game:

davenport-200yds rushing

despeaux-100 rushing, 150 passing

medlock-100yds rushing

ooltewah owls, total offense 50 yards

central wins 52-0

Dude I'm pulling for central also but come on! Be realistic! There is NO possible way that Central will win 52-0. You act like Ooltewah is the McMinn Central of Chattown. Coach Gatewood didn't make it to the semi's because he's an idiot. He will have the owls ready to play. My predictions are as follows:

Davenport- 110 yards rushing

Despeaux-60 yards rushing/100 yards passing (maybe)

Medlock-100 yards rushing

Chatt. Central-35

Ooltewah-24

Despeaux does have a decent arm, but when your scared to throw it it doesn't matter if your John Elway. Most of the rushing yards he has that I've seen is from him scrambling.

If your going to make predictions at least be somewhat realistic. Don't come on here and look like a dummy just to fill your ego.....you lose alot of credibility that way.

dude, if you have been following central this year, davenport hasn't rushed for less than 150 yet....despeaux hasn't been under 100 yet, and medlock is in the high 70's on minimum carries. so the rushing not realistic, who are you watching? passing, i believe the pounders will spread the ball around better and get over 100 yds passing again. it's very doable...this offense is very potent and aside from about 6 fumbles, they haven't been stopped yet. the defense has given up plays after turnovers, and most of the time held. gatewood has made it to the semis, but he had superior athletes at the time, what did he do before flannigan and foster? this isn't the semis ooltewah team that we are facing, and they don't have to be the mcminn central of chattanooga for central to put up those numbers. mcminn county and red bank have shown us that this is not the ooltewah of old. and central has shown that they are definitely not the central of old...averaging over 40 points and average giving up less than 7 so far. where is ooltewah gonna score at?...passing, central has 2 pretty good corners, along with strong safeties. hayes and that linebacker group will definitely stuff the run. there is no weakness in the defense, and ooltewah will have a lot of trouble finding points. central has put up those points and they expect to bring out even more in this game cause these kids want and deserve to WIN!