Chatt. Central @ Ooltewah

purplepounderfootball

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Central played an awesome game tonight! They definitely deserved the win.. At the beginning of the game, I started to get a little bit worried when Ooltewah came out and put the first touchdown on the board. I think that fired up the Purple Pounders and made them bring it! Congrats to all of the players.. what a wonderful job you did!! Also, to the coaches. If it weren't for you, they wouldn't be where there stand today. 4-0 *GO PURPLE POUNDERS*.. Take it one week at a time as Jamel said, so now it's time to get ready for Tyner!!

~I am very impressed with all of the school spirit that the students are showing!! Keep up the work team so that each week they will have something to look forward to.

Ooltewah... just remember the whoopin that you got tonight

IN2VOLS... Now, there is no sense in worrying about the trash talk from this past week and what people said about what players. Joe Despaux is a very good QB, and Ooltewah did a good job on trying to stop him on running tonight.. but Michael Davenport picked it up and took over. I guess Ooltewah fans will always have an excuse when they get beat, it can't ever just simply be "Yeah, we lost. We didn't play well, so we deserved it."

To Coach Jones,

Congratulations on the big victory over Ooltewah!!! You have done a wonderful job with preparing the boys to come this far.. it doesn't just happen overnight. I know you have spent many long hours up at the school with the guys trying to improve the football program at Central. I have to say, you most definitely have done that. It's been several years since the Purple Pounders have been 4-0 in the beginning of the season. Continue to do what you're doing. You're an excellent coach and have the athletes with the potential to go as far as they want to go. Boys, keep up the hard work. If you continue to try and help your team and yourselves, you will succeed. Get ready for the big game against Tyner. I wish the best of luck to you.. they are an excellent team, but if you practice hard and don't make careless errors, I think that it will give you a chance in the game. All of your hard work is paying off and starting to show. WAY TO GO POUNDERS!!!

Edited by go purple pounders

i just read the Chattanoogans coverage of teh game and it sounds like The game was fairly evenly played with the exception being that Central showed its maturity, by not turning over the ball adn capitalising on the Owls mistakes. now while i understand that the fumbles were probably a result of Central bringing the wood as much as Ooltewah's lack of maturity, it does seem ludacris for Davenport to say somethign about the Nest being Centrals house considering this is teh 1st time they have won a match vs. the Owls in his 4 year career. I congratulate Central on the win. however perspective is sometimes necessary, especially considering the fact that the Owls will return almost every key player for next season, since that will be the Next time these 2 squads face off... Also good luck to Ooltewah on the road ahead of you, hopefully this will be a learning experience and they will mature as a team and make it 4 strait playoff appearences