Kingston 14 Rockwood 20

BigT2006

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game was the way I remember Friday night football games in Roane County.

The weather was perfect, the place was packed. The atmosphere was true highschool football. Fans on both sides were in the game. It's just great to see the kids in the county get the support from all the fans. Way to go Tigers we're proud of you and keep up the good work. The job aint over yet!! Good luck to both teams the rest of the season! :justwrestle:

GO TIGERS!

First extra point was blotched in every area. Not just bowman. Slow snap, slow hold, stutter step before the ball was kicked. It had all the makings of a missed extra point.

The second TD by the tigers was the 2-pt conversion. Good!

The thied TD was a bad snap and the holder was unable to handle it, not chance at all to even kick.

ALL THE GUYS FROM KINGSTON PLAYED A GOOD GAME IT JUST WASNT OUR NIGHT WE ALL KNOW WHO THE BETTER TEAM IS. IF YOU ASK THE PLAYERS WE ACTUALLY SCORED DOWN THERE ON THE ONE YARD LINE TWICE, BUT THE REFS

WOULDNT GIVE IT TO US. THEN WE JUST HAD BAD LUCK. ROCK FUMBLED THE BALL, HE THROUGH A GOOD PASS TO WADE WHICH HE HAD IN HIS HANDS AND HE DROPPED IT. THEN HE THROUGH A WILD PASS TO MOUNSEY UNDER PREASURE WHICH MOUNSEY JUMPED FOR AND JUST COULDNT HOLD ON TO. ALL THESE PLAYERS ARE EXCELLANT ATHLETETS WE JUST HAD A BAD NIGHT. NOW THAT WE GOT THAT BEHIND US WE CAN CONSINTRATE ON THE GAMES THAT REALLY COUNT. I WISH THE JACKETS LUCK I KNOW THEY CAN DO IT.

SOUNDS LIKE SOMEONE IS A LITTLE SORE ABOUT IT STILL RIPLEY. (isn't all caps annoying?) common internet coutresy. B)

Anyway, That just goes to show you that on any given night the big dog can go home and the underdog may come away with the upset. Rwood needs to remember that going into this week with wartburg, so they don't come and sneak one away from us. B)

Kingston did play in the 3A championship against Memphis Melrose in 98 I think. Riplie i wouldn't chalk your loss up to bad luck. I would say you weren't prepared. The jackets walked in and expected to win because of the name on their jerseys. Gurney chocked in his first big game. He's a great athlete, but he wasn't ready. i don't think those boys knew what it meant to play in the Rockwood Kingston game. How many of those boys are true Kingston boys-meaning they grew up there. McMillan, Wade, Day, who else? Kingston fans don't count on blowing Scott Co. out becasue they have an excellent quarterback who is fast as lightening. I wish you all the luck in the world this season because I always support Roane Co teams, but you can't keep saying you are really the better team. Maybe you are, maybe you aren't , but the scoreboard is what counts.

Go Tigers and congratulation John Webb, maybe all the good ole boys will get off your back now.