Unaka over King's Academy

krichunaka

King's Academy is a very young, struggling team that is now forced to play the eight man version of football to compete.

Unaka was so much bigger, stronger, etc.

Final: Unaka 46 King's Academy 19

Score reached 40 midway throught 2 Quarter.

The Academy is one of the Classiest bunch of folks we've met.

They're essentially a JV team, but very athletic. Their QB, a Freshman, will star if line play is developed. They'll get better, and will be competitive if they increase numbers, and hit the weight room.

Good Luck, King's .... Congratulations, Rangers!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a big confedence booster for Unaka; Those King's Acadaemy kids played their hearts last night.The Lions need to keep digging and never give up. If they continue to work on the field and in the weight room, they can get better, win more, and hopefully more kids will come out. Those two freshmen showed alot of promise. Good luck King's Academy, And go Rangers!

Edited by Rangerbook06

Was a very fun game and a great place to play. I think you'll hear more from their quarterback over the next three seasons...quite an athlete.

Good Luck in your homecoming game this week, John. A pretty good quarterback headed your way this week as well. But ya'll shouldn't have any problem. :D We get to host them in Mid-October. Stay in touch.

Hey Eric, Chris is still bruised from last week. :angry:

Hey Kim,

Thank goodness they rescheduled Homecoming to the next week w/ South Greene! Yes, we have a great quarterback coming our way, as well as a great running back, DE, OL, etc....... Gonna be a tough game. I don't kid myself into thinking that there is more than an outside chance of victory, but I do believe they will aquit themselves well. My worry is that a defeat will shatter hopes and lead to a confidence problem that could affect what could be a stellar year. Lotta coaching to do there!

I just hope the passing game doesn't bite us, I think we can control the running game, at least some..... I just hate seeing the numbers on the scoreboard changing so fast!

I think this off week has let more than a few bruises and bumps heal, and we're gonna need it. Keep them Rangers fired up and they are going places! Talk to you later....

Ths is off-subject, but where is King's Academy from?

King's Academy is located in Seymour; in fact when you pull out of the parking lot at KA, you're looking right into the stadium lights of Seymour High School... quite a contrast I must admit.

Creekerfan, It would require even more travel than the Rangers are currently having to endure to find teams in similar circumstances; not enough players, athletes, etc. But it really might fit many Single A, and even the lesser Division 2 teams better than the current setting.

The obvious advantage is that you can actually rotate players, and oh my goodness, even play some players solely on offense or defense. It was almost surreal to watch Unaka, for probably the first time in school history, rotate personnel in and out of the game.