M-town West Jeff Co

mrtruth

Its one of those ballgames you hate to see come to an end. The one thing that got me was how it ended with the disrespect of the Jeff players, I lost a lot of respect for coach meadows and his staff. On the other side of the field I have to tell you I gained a lot of respect for Coach Woods and the Trojan faithful. All that said, both teams played hard. West defence is very good, and the O is ready to turn the corner, by years end West may be the best team in the state. I really think Jeff is lucky to get them early in the year. Scooter and Jennings-their very good but Jeff will have to have a few more tools to win conf. and go deep into playoffs.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meadows is a good coach but is not known for his discipline. When he was at Alcoa in 2001 and they lost in the semis two or three of his players tried to start a fight as they were walking off the field after the game and one took his pads and helmet and threw it across the field.

One more thing, if anyone read the Mo West vs. Jeff Co post about the student section saying something about the player who died, it is totally false. I was in the student section all night. Before the game we shouted stuff like, "Why are we at East?" and "We ready." I guess people thought that sounded like Sanvy. Yeah sometimes at JC we can be a little stupid, but we would never stoop that low. As far as the black roses, if that's true (which I haven't heard for sure that it is), than we have one very sick person at our school. Please don't judge our team, administration, or fans because of one twisted person.

I was excited as any for our win last night, finally. But now that excitement is gone, so for you Trojan fans who are just saying this stuff to make us feel bad, Congratulations you won!!

To anyone who really thought we said that and if the black roses were sent, I am sincerely sorry.

I was at the game and it was one of those games you hated to see come to an end. With that said...I would have to say that Jefferson County and their coaching staff were utterly and completely CLASSLESS! Coach Woods and his staff showed what class is, but then again...they do that on every other Friday night of the year. Coach Woods is a class act, and so are majority of the Trojans. Now I'm not saying that Jeff co. doesnt have all classless players, what happened last night I blame mostly on the coaching staff. But this was a great game all the way to the end, but someone needs to teach the Patriots a little about class.

Hey Shortie1525, What I saw was several Jeff player up in the face of 98 and 42 and then the whole team including the coaching staff stormed the field ripping down signs I saw two jeff players get into the faces of West cheerleaders. At the same time Coach Woods and staff stopped their team from going on the field. I have talked to one of the parents from West and they said that Jennings and Scoter where thrown out of the game at the last, I can not confirm this. I said earlier that I would let my kid play for meadows, NO, not after what I saw last night. The team is a reflection of the staff, if my child played for jeff I would pull him off the team and move to Morristown and let him play for a man who teaches more than football. Respect, sportsmanship. I have heard for several years that Woods really cares for his players, the more I see and hear from parents......

I would let my kid play for him.

Now I will be the first to say as I did in the other thread that they should not have gone and torn down the signs or ran on the field when the scuffle happened. But there should never had been a scuffle, we downed the ball the play was over and then the play continued. If you looked they police would not let any of our student section on the field till well after the game. This is a rivalry there is alot of emotion in a games between these schools in every sport, some people just let that get the best of the last night, but that was not the first time it happened.

I hope this game wont be tainted by what happened after the game, because it was one of the best high school games I have seen.

truth, ive heard that scooter and carson we the suspensions in question but meadows has said that the tape shows they were defending themselves.

and dont act like this is a one time thing I have seen more than a few basketball, football, and baseball games and there have been many instances of taunting and bad sportsmanship on both sides so dont act like West is pure white because yes Woods did a good job last night but thats not the whole story.

truth, ive heard that scooter and carson we the suspensions in question but meadows has said that the tape shows they were defending themselves.

and dont act like this is a one time thing I have seen more than a few basketball, football, and baseball games and there have been many instances of taunting and bad sportsmanship on both sides so dont act like West is pure white because yes Woods did a good job last night but thats not the whole story.

The only thing I know is what I saw last night....I did go to the Jeff-West game several years ago when West won at Jeff for the first time, Woods and company showed nothing but class. No class from meadows and company last night. Wiill scooter and carson be allowed to play next week?

It really does not matter if they play or not. Jeff County will be handled by DB just like Oak Ridge and their awesome backs. DB is gonna spot Jeff 21 points to make the victory even sweeter. After DB wins we will show them how to win with class and not tear down their posters. We know what it is like to win Been there, done that.

Edited by bud