Wartburg vs Rockwood

acrazedstaindfan

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, to me it is something like this. Everyone knows that these 2 teams both have a lot of talent. The key thig here is making up for lost ground. Last season Wartburg got beat down when they tried to get in a speed match with rockwood. They found themselves down early and still trying to lay smash mouth football. When they tried to change it, it was too late. Rockwood had the lead and it seemed that they were always 1 step a head. This year, both have the same athletes for the most part. However, when it comes down to it, Rockwood is more versitle. They have speed runners, punishing runners, good recievers, and although unproven, a QB that can throw when needed. Wartburg has a lot of these but lacks in overall speed. if they try to run with RHS, it could get ugly. As long as RHS don't get cocky, they should win this game. So....RHS-28 CHS-17

ACCARP

Good post accarp. It's about time someone actually gave some prediction about a game and tried to back it up, instead of just popping off at the mouth. I'm lookin' forward to get into one heck of a game. Look for the tigers to come out hype, and keep it up the whole game. That's been their key for sucess this year. We can actually put together a whole game instead of just 2 quarters. I expect it to be a track meet , with Harvest, Clark, and Payne leading the way, and big Pryor anchoring the last leg. Go get em Tigers!

Wartburg Bulldogs....They have play nobody...Coalfield i give some credit to. They should have gave Wartburg a better game. W/ Rockwood coming to town they will have to bring there A games...if they have one. John T. will probably be the best athlete on the field. Rockwood has some of there own to. Rockwood line could decide this game. If they play Rockwood win if they dont Rockwood has no chance.

We can't be overlooking them! :lol: It doesn't matter who they've played or haven't played, coming into a very crucial region game both teams will be bring their "A" games. To the poster that said "if they have one," Keep on doubting us, we'll be glad to prove you wrong. We've done it 2x this year already. Underdog status is good, if people aren't expceting anything from you it's that much sweeter to us. Rwood boys, get your heads focused on the game. IT's our time this year. :rolleyes:

Wartburg has a big o line. The only thing is that they aren't as fast as rockwoods oline. Rockwood has a real good oline. They were great that game when they played kingston. Anybody can tell u that. Rockwood has a really good defense. So does wartburg. The thing is that wartburg hasn't played anyone. rockwood knows what it is like to be in big game situations. wartburg doesnt. Rockwood is gonna be ready to play. they will be hyped.

it seems to me just because wartburg supposedly hadnt played anybody that we're gonna get beat. just because we havent been in a 'battle' or whatever rockwood's been in doesnt mean we havent played in big games before. this group of seniors have been starting 3 and some 4 years. so we know what its like to play in big games whether or not we've had some this year or not. but bottom line we'll just have to wait until friday night to find out....cant wait!

hey boyz,

This is going to be another good one for Rockwood. Rockwood has played two close games in two weeks, will this be another. If Rockwood keeps playing like they are capable, then they will win this one. But, if they come out thinging it will be a blow over then Wartburg will make it tight. I think Rockwood will be well prepared and ready to go and that is why they will win this one.

Rockwood 25

Wartburg 13