Franklin County vs. Lincoln County

FairInMyFavor

That's a pretty bold prediction.  Don't think that Franklin County is gonna lie down for the Falcons.  The game will probably be closer than you think.  After all, similar predictions were made last year and Franklin County came away with the win.

Franklin County is defintely not going to lie down for the Falcons. This is too big of a rivalry for that. This game brings out the best in both teams. I just don't see the Rebels having the overall firepower to slow the Falcons down enough to score more points than them, UNLESS the turnover bug rears its ugly head and LC puts the ball on the ground more than once. If both teams play turnover free ball for 4 quarters, I see the Falcons taking it going away. I talked to a close friend that went to the Hillsboro game last week and he told me that the score was 34 to 7 when the Burros began subbing and the Rebels starters scored most of their points to make the game appear closer than it actually was. Franklin County does have a good football team this year, I just think it is the Falcons turn to put a "W" in their column in this series. :rolleyes:

Edited by LCstatman

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read back through these posts. Most are by Falcons fans or neutral football fans who give Lincoln County the nod. From all I've read and heard, this was once a fierce rivalry. My question now is, Where are the Franklin County fans on this site. All this posting by Falcon fans and little or no rebuttle by the Rebel fans, except for one who talked about stadium design.

Could it be that the Franklin County folks don't think their Rebels have a decent chance in this one?

I just read back through these posts. Most are by Falcons fans or neutral football fans who give Lincoln County the nod. From all I've read and heard, this was once a fierce rivalry. My question now is, Where are the Franklin County fans on this site. All this posting by Falcon fans and little or no rebuttle by the Rebel fans, except for one who talked about stadium design.

Could it be that the Franklin County folks don't think their Rebels have a decent chance in this one?

Either don't think the Rebels have a chance, or don't have computers.

I just read back through these posts.  Most are by Falcons fans or neutral football fans who give Lincoln County the nod.  From all I've read and heard, this was once a fierce rivalry.  My question now is, Where are the Franklin County fans on this site.  All this posting by Falcon fans and little or no rebuttle by the Rebel fans, except for one who talked about stadium design. 

Either don't think the Rebels have a chance, or don't have computers.

Maybe both...no confidence and no computers.

sorry about the spell thing up there and all.

anyways. im on of the proud rebel fans on here bein i do play football for them. you can diss the rebels all you want but i garentee we will be comin to play friday (and maybe sat if the storm keeps up lol hopfully not) and the thing about hillsburo up there. the buros kept in there starters the whole time thank you very much :( and the rebels palyed them better than 34-7. but thats the past and this week we gear up for a region game and possiablly the region champ decision. anyways GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry about the spell thing up there and all.

anyways. im on of the proud rebel fans on here bein i do play football for them. you can diss the rebels all you want but i garentee we will be comin to play friday (and maybe sat if the storm keeps up lol hopfully not) and the thing about hillsburo up there. the buros kept in there starters the whole time thank you very much :( and the rebels palyed them better than 34-7. but thats the past and this week we gear up for a region game and possiablly the region champ decision. anyways GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My intent was not to "dis" the players. My comment was directed at the fans. I figured the players should be practicing rather that reading smack on this site. I have always heard that this was such a heated rivalry. Quite frankly, I was surprised by the lack of posts from Rebel FANS. Look at some of the other topics involving even singla A teams and their fans are a whole lot more into their team than the Franklin County fans appear to be. Just an observation. Good luck, Rebels.

And p.s., Don't change your mascot.

Yes! Franklin County's stadium DOES look like "The Pit" from the road. You picked a good stadium to pattern yours after, but...GET YOUR OWN!!! Anyway, I think the LC vs. FC game will be a dandy. I think the Falcons have too much for the Rebels, plus as I talked to Coach Thompson, he has not forgotten about last year. Same scenerio, LC beats Riverdale, then on to play Franklin County. Hopefully halftime will not last 24 hours like last year. It will be a great atmosphere at "The Pit", and if you have never been to a game at Lincoln County, this would be a good one to go to!!! GO FALCONS!!!

Yes! Franklin County's stadium DOES look like "The Pit" from the road. You picked a good stadium to pattern yours after, but...GET YOUR OWN!!! Anyway, I think the LC vs. FC game will be a dandy. I think the Falcons have too much for the Rebels, plus as I talked to Coach Thompson, he has not forgotten about last year. Same scenerio, LC beats Riverdale, then on to play Franklin County. Hopefully halftime will not last 24 hours like last year. It will be a great atmosphere at "The Pit", and if you have never been to a game at Lincoln County, this would be a good one to go to!!! GO FALCONS!!!

I agree with you brother. Lincoln County will win this ballgame by at least 7 pts. You can always through the records out for this game. It will be a dog fight until the last second. I haven't gone by the Rebels new stadium, but have talked to many Franklin Countians who say that it is patterned after the "PIT", but hey, that's alright with me, more power to you. One thing is for sure, there want be a bad seat in the house if it is like the "PIT". I hear that Hwy. 64 will be jammed with Rebel Fans, and we look forward to entertaining you. This is a crucial game for both teams as far as the region. GO FALCONS!!

Friday nights game between FC and LC promises to be exciting. The Rebels are continuing to work hard and can only benifit from their effort. Will they prevail against the Falcons? They have the talent, the coaching, and the determination but the factor that seems to be a dominating force this year is they are A TEAM. From the practice field to the playing field there is a unity between these guys and their goal is to PLAY HARD and to WIN. There's no "I" in Rebel Football Team and this gives them something extra at game time. They play with PRIDE and they play with HEART. As to who will win.....we'll see on Friday. Good Luck Rebs!